Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

why people leave the uk

why people leave the uk

Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:04 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Thumbs down why people leave the uk

Last week the mrs noticed the bin men throwing a black bag of rubbish in our garden and also saw them throw something as they walked off.By the time she got downstairs they had gone.When she went outside on top of the bag was a big carving knife that the bin men had slung on top of the bag.When she went to pick the bag up it was full of knives ranging fron normal table ones to bloody great carving ones also the bag was split so she rebagged it.She phoned the council to have a row because we live on a main road and the kids walk to school past our house so she didnt want the kids getting hold of them.The council said they would pick them up that day but rather than leave them in full view the mrs told them it would be left at the side of our house.No one picked them up so agian phoned council back and they said they must be left on the street(thats handy for any passing kids) to which wife told them there are 2 schools nearby so best if the council picks up from side of the house.Anyway a week later they still not been collected so called the local police station and they said we are not interested even when the wife told them that knife crime is getting a joke the copper said not intersted so again called the council who have told her as she rebagged them its her problem to get rid.I said at the start i would sling them in the back of the car and take to the dump as left to the council nothing would get done.Can you imagine if we had left a bag of knives on the street and someone got stabbed.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:22 pm
DMH
Forum Regular

DMH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: why people leave the uk

Tell your MP, and the local newspaper. The local papers are desperate for stories. They'll love this one!

Then watch how quickly the bag disappears into the back of the dustbin truck!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:27 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

We will be in OZ before they even do anything about it !!!!!.Just makes me sick that knife crime is a real problem yet they are not bothered that they are dumped on the street.And as for the copper well i guess to busy processing speeding fines to be bothered to take any notice.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:48 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!! The stupidity and pettyness of people is beyond belief at times.

here's a good one for you:

went to school this morning to drop the kids off, and since the leaves have started falling NO-ONE has picked/swept them up. the school is surrounded by trees and hedges so you can imagine how many are there!

parents have started complaining and this is the response they got.

there is no such thing as a caretaker, he is a... wait for it..... site manager !and he is not QUALIFIED!?! to get rid of the leaves!

it's not going to be long before it rains and the really cold weather sets in so the now nice and crunchy leaves will turn into a deathtrap overnight.

how many kids will be injured by wet and iced over leaves this year?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:03 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

The UK is changing, i am not saying any more or any less than other countries, but my only thought is with the UK, as it is where i live.

Some things to think about, and this takes me back to when i was young the similarities between now and the late 70's are very very similar?

Labour are coming to an end as a political party which is really trusted. You just cannot believe anything they say anymore. Not that i would put any more trust in the Conservatives, but Labour are in power and Brown is a power hungry loner who does not listen to anyone?

The rich are getting richer, the poor poorer, when we as a nation feel poor, it is because of rising costs, real inflation, and the lack of jobs, unemployment.

As we become fed up with all the lies from the government, we take to mind numbing substances more, we drink more, we try to escape to another place. So we are being told we drink too much, well what a surprise?

The young cannot get jobs, cannot afford a car, cannot afford anything, no future, told to stay on at school, get a load of debt, get a degree, to get a minimum paid wage job etc etc.

This is not an excuse, but the public as a whole start to commit more crime, public mis-behaviour becomes something that we see rise, so we need more police on the streets, this costs, so we pay more in tax, we get poorer.

The whole family breakdown starts, the stress and strain on mum and dad is intense, no work, just about afford the basics, dad drinks too much, mum is tired. Society makes the needy and unemployed feel not too good.

The next thing is all the unemployment is blamed on the fact that the goverment have let too many people in the country, they have taken all our jobs. This is where we are at now.

The feel good factor has gone, rising costs, rising unemployment, rising cost of servicing debt, stagnant wages, stagnant house prices.

Brown really does have some work to do if he is to secure another term in office here in the UK.

Because where i am standing, i do not think the British public feel too well off at the moment, and the young kids leaving school just do not stand a chance?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:06 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Last week the mrs noticed the bin men throwing a black bag of rubbish in our garden and also saw them throw something as they walked off.By the time she got downstairs they had gone.When she went outside on top of the bag was a big carving knife that the bin men had slung on top of the bag.When she went to pick the bag up it was full of knives ranging fron normal table ones to bloody great carving ones also the bag was split so she rebagged it.She phoned the council to have a row because we live on a main road and the kids walk to school past our house so she didnt want the kids getting hold of them.The council said they would pick them up that day but rather than leave them in full view the mrs told them it would be left at the side of our house.No one picked them up so agian phoned council back and they said they must be left on the street(thats handy for any passing kids) to which wife told them there are 2 schools nearby so best if the council picks up from side of the house.Anyway a week later they still not been collected so called the local police station and they said we are not interested even when the wife told them that knife crime is getting a joke the copper said not intersted so again called the council who have told her as she rebagged them its her problem to get rid.I said at the start i would sling them in the back of the car and take to the dump as left to the council nothing would get done.Can you imagine if we had left a bag of knives on the street and someone got stabbed.
If the bin men dumped the bag of knives in your garden is that not classed as fly tipping and cant they be prosecuted for that.

I would take the bag and dump it in the council offices see how they like it.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:13 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

The police will deal with them if you take them into the station. They may not collect them but they will dispose of them if you take them in.
I work in a mental health unit and if we remove knives from patients we take them to the police station.
You should also make a written complaint to the council.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:49 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

And as for the copper well i guess to busy processing speeding fines to be bothered to take any notice.
I doubt it, probably just about managed to grab 5 minutes between running around like a blue arsed fly.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:51 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
The UK is changing, i am not saying any more or any less than other countries, but my only thought is with the UK, as it is where i live.

Some things to think about, and this takes me back to when i was young the similarities between now and the late 70's are very very similar?

Labour are coming to an end as a political party which is really trusted. You just cannot believe anything they say anymore. Not that i would put any more trust in the Conservatives, but Labour are in power and Brown is a power hungry loner who does not listen to anyone?

The rich are getting richer, the poor poorer, when we as a nation feel poor, it is because of rising costs, real inflation, and the lack of jobs, unemployment.

As we become fed up with all the lies from the government, we take to mind numbing substances more, we drink more, we try to escape to another place. So we are being told we drink too much, well what a surprise?

The young cannot get jobs, cannot afford a car, cannot afford anything, no future, told to stay on at school, get a load of debt, get a degree, to get a minimum paid wage job etc etc.

This is not an excuse, but the public as a whole start to commit more crime, public mis-behaviour becomes something that we see rise, so we need more police on the streets, this costs, so we pay more in tax, we get poorer.

The whole family breakdown starts, the stress and strain on mum and dad is intense, no work, just about afford the basics, dad drinks too much, mum is tired. Society makes the needy and unemployed feel not too good.

The next thing is all the unemployment is blamed on the fact that the goverment have let too many people in the country, they have taken all our jobs. This is where we are at now.

The feel good factor has gone, rising costs, rising unemployment, rising cost of servicing debt, stagnant wages, stagnant house prices.

Brown really does have some work to do if he is to secure another term in office here in the UK.

Because where i am standing, i do not think the British public feel too well off at the moment, and the young kids leaving school just do not stand a chance?
Are you a Daily Mail journalist?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:59 pm
jon&a mp;kate

Is who a daily mail journo?????By the way just returned home to find to jam rolls in the front garden looking for the bag of knives but they said they cant find them!!!!!!!I pointed out that the bag was right next to his foot.So all in all the council have removed the bag.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:04 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Is who a daily mail journo?????By the way just returned home to find to jam rolls in the front garden looking for the bag of knives but they said they cant find them!!!!!!!I pointed out that the bag was right next to his foot.So all in all the council have removed the bag.
jam rolls???
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:11 pm
jon&a mp;kate

Polishsorry my northen friend a bit of cockney slang

Jom Roll = poll
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep

Ummm, that's life?! No different in Oz mate...
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wardy2
If the bin men dumped the bag of knives in your garden is that not classed as fly tipping and cant they be prosecuted for that.

I would take the bag and dump it in the council offices see how they like it.
Glad the knives have been finally picked up, if they hadnt then I would have phoned up the local rag and been done with it...

Name and shame is the best way forward..
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

That is one paper the UK could gladly do without !!

Originally Posted by russmcp
Are you a Daily Mail journalist?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.