Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Canberra meet up

Canberra meet up

Old Aug 6th 2007, 5:45 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canberra meet up

It realy does get you down when it all goes wrong with the house sale but looks like we both have good news on the house front.We have also sent you a PM.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scolau07
we were very disheartened last week the sale of our house fell through, and as it had taken 4 months and 32 viewings we didn't think it would sell for us to move for the time we had set our hearts on. Then 5 days later a family came to view and put an offer in within an hour we are still in shock.
So hope to be there by October so will hopefully be able to make a later meet up.

sounds good - praying every thing goes well for you
Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:56 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

We will prob be up for an oct meet.Have the people who's offer we accepted's building society round in the morning to do a valuation (any ideas what this is for?????) then i guess a survey soon after.They seem really keen to move things along aswell.I applied for a job in recruitment last night via seek.com never done the job but you never know.As i put in my e-mail to them im starting a new chapter in my family life and feel the time is right for a new challenge in my working life.Seems to be a big choice of jobs for Kate and the printing job's are thin on the ground so maybe a change will be a good thing.So anyone got any jobs going .
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
We will prob be up for an oct meet.Have the people who's offer we accepted's building society round in the morning to do a valuation (any ideas what this is for?????) then i guess a survey soon after.They seem really keen to move things along aswell.I applied for a job in recruitment last night via seek.com never done the job but you never know.As i put in my e-mail to them im starting a new chapter in my family life and feel the time is right for a new challenge in my working life.Seems to be a big choice of jobs for Kate and the printing job's are thin on the ground so maybe a change will be a good thing.So anyone got any jobs going .

Hey,

Spoke to my hubby and he said that if you aren't afraid of manual work, he could probably get you sorted at his place - but there are no gaurantees. If you arrive and still have no firm job - let me know and he will do all he can.

Sarah
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:26 pm
jon&a mp;kate

cheers sas will stay in touch .Been doing manual work since i left school so not afraid of it just pissed off doing it
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

scolau07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and OH in shock tonight, after the initial disappointment of the house sale falling through, then being sold again within five days, someone has put an offer in on our other property after only three viewings.
It has hit home what we are about to do and it is scary.
Just having a few drinks to calm us down
On our way to Isle of Wight tomorrow for a week to see some of relatives, hope the summer has finally arrived.
To Jon and Kate hope the survey goes okay and everything goes through smoothly.
Carmel hope you settling into your rental, can't wait to be in same boat as you..... I think
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:40 am
jon&a mp;kate

The building society visit was the peoples survey so looking for things to move quickly (fingers crossed).The other people seem real keen so im sure they will want things done quickly aswell..
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:20 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news all round!

Carmel
Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Hello all, oh sponsor as been certified to be a sponsor now, visa has been applied for and on friday our case officer made contact!!! Cant belive its all happening just need the house to sell. ( no nightmares like the rest like Jon and Kate please!) All of you already there, who did you use to ship and did you have any probs being in canberra? ( has your stuff arrived Carmele?)
Dont think be there for october but might be by christmas, fingers crossed.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by black cat
Hello all, oh sponsor as been certified to be a sponsor now, visa has been applied for and on friday our case officer made contact!!! Cant belive its all happening just need the house to sell. ( no nightmares like the rest like Jon and Kate please!) All of you already there, who did you use to ship and did you have any probs being in canberra? ( has your stuff arrived Carmele?)
Dont think be there for october but might be by christmas, fingers crossed.

Can't remember who we used now - but our stuff arrived ok - after a while!

good luck on the house selling side - fingers crossed to see you at the xmas meet!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sasbear
Can't remember who we used now - but our stuff arrived ok - after a while!

good luck on the house selling side - fingers crossed to see you at the xmas meet!
Hiya, we've had an offer on the house, looking really likely be there for christmas!!! (Sarah i'll bring some senacot for your work collegue!! put some in a mince pie!)
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by black cat
Hiya, we've had an offer on the house, looking really likely be there for christmas!!! (Sarah i'll bring some senacot for your work collegue!! put some in a mince pie!)

Great news - Hey don't make promises that I will hold you to!!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:56 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Black Cat,

We used John Mason to ship our stuff over. Absolutley brilliant from start to finish - no breakages as yet, although we have boxes galore to unpack still :-) I would deffo recommend them....

JAJ
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Gillhoward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canberra meet up

Hello All,

Just thought I would say hi. I recently moved to Canberra on Sept 7th. My cousin sponsored me and I am currently staying with her and her family in Theodore.

Has anyone had trouble finding work? I am on a 496 provisional visa which seems to be hindering me in the job application process for IT jobs as most are with the goverment that want permanent residency or Australian citizenship.

Would love to meet up with anyone that has moved here.
Cheers,
Gill
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gillhoward
Hello All,

Just thought I would say hi. I recently moved to Canberra on Sept 7th. My cousin sponsored me and I am currently staying with her and her family in Theodore.

Has anyone had trouble finding work? I am on a 496 provisional visa which seems to be hindering me in the job application process for IT jobs as most are with the goverment that want permanent residency or Australian citizenship.

Would love to meet up with anyone that has moved here.
Cheers,
Gill
Hi Gill

Welcome to Canberra, I belive SASBEAR is organising a meet up at the end of October.

If you need any advice in the short time PM me or Sasbear, as Sasbear on here all day and Im out on the Buses lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.