Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steve Irwin has died

Steve Irwin has died

Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Re: Steve Irwin has died

Originally Posted by gedge
um... crikey!
when all is said and done he was a great ambassador for Australia
Such a great loss he is a fantastic ambassador for wildlife around the world,

i'm just off to the zoo now with some flowers, i actually work in the wildlife hospital at the zoo so i know how hard he works, a great loss to everyone who knows him, i can't get my head round the fact that he's dead.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:40 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cantwait

i'm just off to the zoo now with some flowers, i actually work in the wildlife hospital at the zoo so i know how hard he works, a great loss to everyone who knows him, i can't get my head round the fact that he's dead.

Yes, there are some people who you think will just keep going, and as Vash said, appear pretty indestructable.

Another notable example being John Peel.

S
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:41 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I was snorkelling off low Isle where it happened only a few weeks ago, scary thought.

Must have been one of his less risky documentrys he was filming. Certainly looks like a good case of "when your times up, your times up.

RIP Steve Irwin.
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Its so sad, His poor family. rest in peace
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

My cousin also works at the zoo and agree with you about how hard he worked. Our sympathies will go to all...not just his family. x x x x
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:44 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Just heard and feel like a friend has died. We just live down the road from the zoo and have been there taking injured wild life. He will leave a large gap not only with family and friends but with conservation world wide.
People mocked him about his behaviour but he had a passion for all animals that can not be repeated. He was the idol of many a child and hopefully his wishes about looking after the animals and the environment will be adhered to.
The greatest of sympathy to his family.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts are with his wife and children.

RIP Steve. I'm certain your name and hard work will live on for decades.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We see the family about mooloolaba, and his wife and kids at maroochydore quite a bit, would be absolutely devastating for them all, media circus aside, in real life they seem like a very, very close happy family. Very sad.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:56 am
Just Joined

sydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nice

How terribly terribly sad. This is a terrible loss. A great passionate, enthusiastic man who who devoted his life to educating people about wildlife and saving and proctecting spieces around the world. He will never be forgotten and i am sure that all of his hard work will continue through all of his projects that he has running.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and all those who worked with him.

He has made a massive difference to how people view wildlife not only in Australia but around the world.

He will be sadly missed but never forgotten.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Im devastated, my thoughts are with Terri, Bindi and Robert

Trish
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw this on the news :scared: my kids will be gutted.
I really feel for his family
RIP
Nicky
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NickyP
I just saw this on the news :scared: my kids will be gutted.
I really feel for his family
RIP
Nicky
How awful, a reminder that life is short and we do need to make the most of each day, we say it a lot but things like this do remind us that our normal everyday worries are not so important.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if they have managed to get hold of Terri yet?

Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:11 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Looks like they have...
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

They have just reported that she has been informed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.