Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Re: How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Have I got this right re utorrent??

When a torrent is being downloaded in utorrent. If it starts downloading, gets to about 67% then stops. Does this mean that there are currently not enough seeders for it to continue? If more seeders join to download the same torrent, the part-downloaded torrent can start downloading again at a later date and continue the download?

I hope that makes sense
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Have I even got this bit right? lol Dumbo me

If a person is looking at a torrent (TV programme) on one of the websites and there are no seeders and no leechers. That means that there is no point trying to download it. Is that right?

I understand leechers make no difference, but a potential download of a torrent needs existing seeders?? Yes
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Have I even got this bit right? lol Dumbo me

If a person is looking at a torrent (TV programme) on one of the websites and there are no seeders and no leechers. That means that there is no point trying to download it. Is that right?

I understand leechers make no difference, but a potential download of a torrent needs existing seeders?? Yes
Thats it....You'll get stuck at a certain point if there are no Seeders.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya

Cheers mate .

You say that you'll get stuck, so will it download anything at all? OR if a torrent has no seeders, then dont bother, is that right?

Also, is it true that all the different websites listing various Tv progs to download all lead to the same files??

J
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

people need a bit of advice

i have ditched the foxtel , its gone today and need some kind of tv

do i get the fetch tv ( i am with internode ), WDTVlive unit or apple tv or a mixture of these

i am on adsl 1 as that is all i can get round here i want something where i can get the basic channels on offer but also something where i can download to

any help will be much appreciated as i will have to go out in the next couple of hours to sort something for tonight
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

PerthParamedic is an unknown quantity at this point

It works for me, to watch stuff like MOTD and F1 - streaming through bbc.co.uk/iplayer

I connect with expat shield http://www.expatshield.com/

Once connected, then I go to BBC, ITV, C4 or C5 player site, and select the program on the computer I want to watch.

Once it is up and running, I then disconnect from expatshield - it struggles to keep up.

The only drawback it I have to watch on the computer, and not the TV. I have used tversity to stream to the TV, but most of the time, can't really be bothered.

Also have Dodo unlimited ADSL2+, so can watch til my hearts content.

And if I really want to watch on the TV, I've got a www.thebox.bz account I download from.

Cheers.
PerthPara
Old Jun 29th 2012, 3:02 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thats it....You'll get stuck at a certain point if there are no Seeders.
Actually that's not necessarily the case.

First, there can be a different number of actual seeders to the ones shown, particularly when you take into account the distributed database instances.

Second, if you have enough leechers you can end up with a situation where cumulatively there are all the pieces available, but nobody has all of them.

However, if you see 0:0 reported its a pretty good guess that if you don't see enough peers within 10 mins, you never will.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Actually that's not necessarily the case.

First, there can be a different number of actual seeders to the ones shown, particularly when you take into account the distributed database instances.

Second, if you have enough leechers you can end up with a situation where cumulatively there are all the pieces available, but nobody has all of them.

However, if you see 0:0 reported its a pretty good guess that if you don't see enough peers within 10 mins, you never will.
I didn't know that. Never completed a download with 0 seeders on it personally though.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 3:43 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I didn't know that. Never completed a download with 0 seeders on it personally though.
It can happen when one person seeds something, everyone piles in to download it (crushing the poor seeder), and the seeder disconnects when the total available copies goes above two.

Usually the second tier fairly rapidly exchange blocks and finish, meaning there are 5-10 seeders again - I have seen it.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Hide my Ass is proving too slow for me so I'm going to give these guys a go: https://www.vpnsecure.me/

are these any good , can i use it for netflix hulu and all the uk channels ( bbc iplayer , 4 )

cheers
Old Jun 30th 2012, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi

i have just bought and set up a wdtv live box

must say i am very impressed at the moment

one question how do you view other internet sites other than the ones already set up on it

ie .... bbciplayer ebay basically anything else other than what is already saved on there

cheers
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
hi

i have just bought and set up a wdtv live box

must say i am very impressed at the moment

one question how do you view other internet sites other than the ones already set up on it

ie .... bbciplayer ebay basically anything else other than what is already saved on there

cheers
Hi on the WD TV Live you can only see the channels/services that are supplied in the device, it's in the firmware. I bought a US model for Nexflix and Hulu Plus.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renth
Hi on the WD TV Live you can only see the channels/services that are supplied in the device, it's in the firmware. I bought a US model for Nexflix and Hulu Plus.
like it

where do i get one from ?? ebay.com ??

also what do you do with the power supply 110v to 240v

cheers again

steve
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
like it

where do i get one from ?? ebay.com ??

also what do you do with the power supply 110v to 240v

cheers again

steve
Amazon.com, you need to get a US/Aus adapter at Dick Smith's.

I paid about $90 ish for mine, delivered. You need to go through a couple of automatic firmware upgrades before you get the Netflix/Hulu plus/Spotify options.

Make sure you get the US version. This one:

Western Digital WD TV Live Streaming Media Player - WDBHG70000NBK-HESN
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

got ya

right being a bit of a thicko here but how do you sign this u.s.a wdtv live box onto your internet ( hulu netflix ) with one of the hide vpn's

i know how to get round it with the laptop but not this

this is why i was looking at having the router automatically sign into the hide vpn but as you said it will slow everthing down too much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.