Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Re: How can you watch UK TV on your computer for Free in Australia?

I have been a bit out the loop with UK TV over the last 5 years.

Are there any must see programmes / series that have been on that I have missed??

When I was in the UK I used to watch The Bill, The Apprentice, Biggest Loser and I hate to admit Big Brother
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Also, watched comedys such as Green Wing, Spaced & Teachers
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My mistake, iinet shaped speed is 256k - which is still not too bad. Definitely acceptable for general browsing.

Foxtel will get back to you with another offer - they really do want your business and even $56 is money for jam to them!
Got my offer which I gratefully accepted. Newly installed HQ box for free.... everything except for sports and movies at 44 bucks per month for 6 months. I'll go back on sports when the A league starts again.

That was a worthy exercise... just 2 days without foxtel.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Got my offer which I gratefully accepted. Newly installed HQ box for free.... everything except for sports and movies at 44 bucks per month for 6 months. I'll go back on sports when the A league starts again.

For that kind of money it's good value. After 6 months, tell them it stays like that or you'll dump them.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:27 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I'm down to $38.50/month for the same. Wonder how low they will go. Every 6 months at "quit" time they lower the price.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
I'm down to $38.50/month for the same. Wonder how low they will go. Every 6 months at "quit" time they lower the price.

I thought they would have some kind of cut off point.... Thanks for the heads up on this.

I'm really happy to get a free upgraded HD IQ box out of them without having to pay extra installment or increased rates. I've been trying for quite a while to get the HD version for nix without a installment increase. I mentioned to the fellow on the blower that It's not exactly great practive to let people get to the stage where they are ready to quit before you upgrade them as a reward.

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've switched to witopia for their vpn choices.... Fantastic thus far... not one stutter. Was hell to set up though, their software wouldnt work on my computer. So had to connect manually. took me two days to sort out re their software, which I perservered with for ages, until I realised it was a no goer... Strange thing was, manual set up took about 2 mins if not less and worked straight away.

Anyway to cut to the chase. I need to set up an email registration for 40d for their older shows.. and probably others for on line services in the future... do they accept google and yahoo mail addresses...If not how can I get around this and use a UK email address ?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 1:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if this is any good but might be of use to some on here:
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/68458
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys

Question re using utorrent. I am trying to download a programme and under status it says 'downloading', however still says 0.0% and has been like that for about 5-6 days. Does this mean that it will never download or should I wait longer?

What does 'forced start' mean? Is it any help?

Another file I am trying to download is at 0.3% and has been like that for many days??? Any ideas what to do with that one?

Other stuff has been downloaded fine so it is working

Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Also, if it says 'seeding' does that mean it has totally downloaded?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:15 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi Guys

Question re using utorrent. I am trying to download a programme and under status it says 'downloading', however still says 0.0% and has been like that for about 5-6 days. Does this mean that it will never download or should I wait longer?

What does 'forced start' mean? Is it any help?

Another file I am trying to download is at 0.3% and has been like that for many days??? Any ideas what to do with that one?

Other stuff has been downloaded fine so it is working

Thanks
Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Also, if it says 'seeding' does that mean it has totally downloaded?
1st go to www.speedtest.net ... see what that shows, post info here. I'm sure Google will give you some kind of estimate of what you can DL a file in, but for reference I have an ADSL connection of 13 meg. I can DL a gig (1000mb odd) in about 10 mins at max speed, but if the site i'm DL from is either slow, or a torrent site without many seeds, it'll go as fast as THEY can go!

Altho TBH doesn't sound like a 'speed' issue, but more of a WTF issue if you ask me. 0% or even 0.3% after an hour and i've of stopped it.

If ur 'seeding' ur 'sharing' ... file doesn't have to be complete for this tho, once you've DL some, the torrent program 'should' be making them bits available.

With these files, the important bit is the 'seeds' as this is the ppl sharing. 0 seeds will entail FA downloading. Heaps of seeds with big fat juicy UL speeds, and you'll get ur torrent as fast as ur internet connection will allow!

UKNova will give you MAX speeds, always does, but the other torrent sites are hit and miss!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:49 am
Just Joined

odowdchr is an unknown quantity at this point

Seeding means it's finished....so you're seeding the file to others. It's polite to leave this for a while so others can get the file off you, as you've done from them.

If it's at 0% you can try a forced start, or you may have just picked an unpopular torrent where there are no other "seeders". You can try a different link for a simlar file....they normally show next it how many seeders (uploaders) and how many leachers (downloaders). The bigger the ratio of seeders to leachers, the faster the speed.
The actual site you use to search for torrents shouldn't make much difference normally, they're just search engines and normally direct you to the same files to get.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

If a member and after UK stuff, www.uknova.com

Altho www.torrentz.com will have it sooner these days, just don't have the speed!

From www.torrentz.com I generally opt for Piratebay (can go direct if you wish) as they have comments, pot luck if not on their server.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
If a member and after UK stuff, www.uknova.com

Altho www.torrentz.com will have it sooner these days, just don't have the speed!

From www.torrentz.com I generally opt for Piratebay (can go direct if you wish) as they have comments, pot luck if not on their server.
isohunt is good too
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:57 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
isohunt is good too
joongel looks at all of them at once. Superb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.