Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Old Aug 11th 2012, 3:40 am
Just Joined

yellowdot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

The Curry Affair Alexander drive Malaga has great food. It's all in steel buckets and you point to what you want but the food is excellent. Right down to the Nan breads. Other good ones are the one in Whitfords shopping mall (Princess India I think), Go Gos Mt Lawley (small portions take away though) and... that's about it. The best in Oz so far is the one across from the Albion Hotel, Albion, Brisbane.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Mickey-T will become famous soon enough

Ok. This place opened a couple of weeks ago at Kingsley shops. I've tried a few already. It's a takeaway and it is proper stuff.

British Indian 2 go. You gotta try it.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Had a chicken Jhalfrezhi and chicken Ceylon tonight.....fantastic. Looks like we finally have a proper curry house in Perth. Only doing takeaways at the moment. The owner said that a seating area is coming early next year. It's run by two Brits.

Happy days for curry lovers NOR.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 6:33 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but the question just has to be asked................why on earth would you want to eat a 'British' Indian when authentic indian food is the best food ever. British indians are just a watered down excuse for good food.

Most of them have never seen a real herb or spice and rely on pre-made slop that you just add to meat and or veg, maybe with a bit of yogurt thrown in.

Do yourselves a favour and spend your time and money on an authentic Indian Indian or even a pakistani or bengali restaurant. There are a few about but I'm in Queensland so can't help anyone 'south of the border'

Simple rule of thumb in authentic Indians is if it looks nothing like a British curry it will probably be delicious

Loz x
Old Nov 24th 2012, 11:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
I'm sorry but the question just has to be asked................why on earth would you want to eat a 'British' Indian when authentic indian food is the best food ever. British indians are just a watered down excuse for good food.

Most of them have never seen a real herb or spice and rely on pre-made slop that you just add to meat and or veg, maybe with a bit of yogurt thrown in.

Do yourselves a favour and spend your time and money on an authentic Indian Indian or even a pakistani or bengali restaurant. There are a few about but I'm in Queensland so can't help anyone 'south of the border'

Simple rule of thumb in authentic Indians is if it looks nothing like a British curry it will probably be delicious

Loz x
I hear you but this is BE, where real food is not important. The fact that it is 'British' is all that counts

BE - bastion of pre-prepared, prepacked, freeze-dried
Old Nov 24th 2012, 12:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz

Loz x
It's been mentioned before but most Brits don't have the palate for true Indian sadly. If it doesn't taste 'as it should' ie as it was in their favourite Indian in the UK then it's not a 'decent' Indian. The ones that really bug me are when they say they know what real Indian tastes like because they lived near a road that is in their view where Indian food originated. Generally in Birmingham or somewhere.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light

This site never ceases to amaze me ! The OP asked the question " Good British Indian style restaruant in Perth? " Gets some good feedback from various people who are intrested in it,and then ...... The site snobs come out ,the usual ones on there soap boxes waffling on about authentic food ,and how silly he is for not liking it ! Off to enjoy my "British style " Indian curry that i rang up for 40 mins ago and has now just arrived could have gone out to my garden , killed the chicken , plucked and drawn it then spent several hours grinding up herbs and spices while busting out some moves to some Bollywood tunes , but could not be arsed .... Pub time later for a good old fashioned "British beer "
Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

What are the popadums like over there, over here they are a third of the "proper" size and taste like burnt card board the curries are usually good tho
Old Nov 24th 2012, 11:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lelchelle
This site never ceases to amaze me ! The OP asked the question " Good British Indian style restaruant in Perth? " Gets some good feedback from various people who are intrested in it,and then ...... The site snobs come out ,the usual ones on there soap boxes waffling on about authentic food ,and how silly he is for not liking it ! Off to enjoy my "British style " Indian curry that i rang up for 40 mins ago and has now just arrived could have gone out to my garden , killed the chicken , plucked and drawn it then spent several hours grinding up herbs and spices while busting out some moves to some Bollywood tunes , but could not be arsed .... Pub time later for a good old fashioned "British beer "
Calm yourself. It's an old thread and people have opinions, it really doesn't matter.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

there's a good Indian curry house on the Rockingham foreshore.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

fiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nice

Green coriander is nice in ballajura...more a cafe than a restaurant but lovely friendly Indian Aussie owners, great menu, cheap and authentic. Not exactly british style but close enough for me!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

LOL.

I enjoy proper authentic Indian food as much as anyone, but as a Brit, sometimes I get the craving for a good old fashioned UK style curry.

Luckily, we now have such a place, and it is within spitting distance of where I live..............HAPPY DAYS.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

BTW Lelchelle, i remeber visiting "Zaal" in Fleet a few years ago. It was lovely.
Just like a "proper" curry should be to us Brits
Old Dec 1st 2012, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

First time I'm hearing of 'British Indian' food...lol What is the difference? I'm guessing the brit-Indi version has less chilli...and is more Punjabi style cuisine (?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.