Reload this Page >

Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mickey-T will become famous soon enough
Default Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Sorry folks

I know it's been done to death, but after nearly 17 years of living down under, we still haven't found a good curry house. People raved about the Glasgow Curry House, but after a visit there a few weeks ago, we were left very disappointed..........once again. Naan bread was excellent, tandoori and kebabs were OK, but the curry was well below average.

The best we have found is Anghiti in Innaloo, but it's still not British style Indian. Surely, with the huge British population, you would have thought that somebody with the know how would have latched onto it by now.

We also tried the new one in Joondalup recently: "Sangeet". Again, it was OK, but nothing to make me want to rush back, and mega expensive.

Anyone have any knowledge of new places to try, they do seem to be cropping up everywhere now.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Shocking isn't it! Its one thing I will miss.

Names of good ones in Brisbane appreciated too!!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mickey-T
Sorry folks

I know it's been done to death, but after nearly 17 years of living down under, we still haven't found a good curry house. People raved about the Glasgow Curry House, but after a visit there a few weeks ago, we were left very disappointed..........once again. Naan bread was excellent, tandoori and kebabs were OK, but the curry was well below average.

The best we have found is Anghiti in Innaloo, but it's still not British style Indian. Surely, with the huge British population, you would have thought that somebody with the know how would have latched onto it by now.

We also tried the new one in Joondalup recently: "Sangeet". Again, it was OK, but nothing to make me want to rush back, and mega expensive.

Anyone have any knowledge of new places to try, they do seem to be cropping up everywhere now.
Have you tried 5Rivers in Woodvale? A friend of mine who is from London said that even their menu looked just like one in England. www.the5rivers.com.au/
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Perthine
Have you tried 5Rivers in Woodvale? A friend of mine who is from London said that even their menu looked just like one in England. www.the5rivers.com.au/
Used to go regularly, as the owner is a UK Indian (Brum).

It's Crap! They went though a phase of doing half decent curry, but it was always up and down. Nowadays, it's just down I'm afraid. Although i haven't been for a while, it is pretty much empty every time I pass.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about

Never found a decent curry in Perth whilst we were there (they were all kind of like Pataks curries from a jar).
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

We went to one in Rockingham when we were there on our validation last october, it came on recommendation. I cant remember the name but will try and find it for you. It was our one and only indian whilst there so cant compare it to anywhere else but it was lovely,and looking forward to going back there!

It wasnt very busy for a sit in, but it was mid week and the other tables were occupied by brits too, but it was very busy for take aways and everyone that came in to collect were british too, with a variaty of accents!

a good sign we thought!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Whilst it may not be British the Elephant Hut in Willeton has served us consistently good Indian food.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

the Koh I Noor in Padbury was the one I liked.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:36 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

This one is very good:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/338/1370...urant-Nedlands

Expensive but the food is great...
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute

I heard form someone at work today that there is a good place near to the Mends St jetty, I'll have to check it out now.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:31 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lois1
We went to one in Rockingham when we were there on our validation last october, it came on recommendation. I cant remember the name but will try and find it for you. It was our one and only indian whilst there so cant compare it to anywhere else but it was lovely,and looking forward to going back there!

It wasnt very busy for a sit in, but it was mid week and the other tables were occupied by brits too, but it was very busy for take aways and everyone that came in to collect were british too, with a variaty of accents!

a good sign we thought!
Spices on Ocean, and yes its very good and quite "British" in style

Also like Maya in Freo but pricey and a ew little gem in Mandurah - Punjabi Virsa
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

Not British but the cove in Alfred cove is great, it's in the entertainment book aswell and has an all u can eat buffet at weekend and byo wine!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by renth
This one is very good:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/338/1370...urant-Nedlands

Expensive but the food is great...
Very impressed with the reviews of this place. it's a long way to go for a feed for us, but we will definitely give it a go real soon. I hope the food lives up to the reviews on Urban Spoon.

I WILL report back!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by trice_ie
Not British but the cove in Alfred cove is great, it's in the entertainment book aswell and has an all u can eat buffet at weekend and byo wine!!
Thanks for that Trice-ie.

I will put it on my list of places to try.

I must say that I am not a big fan of the "all you can eat" type of place, but i will never put a place down until I have actually given it a go.

I will report back once I've been
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mickey-T
Thanks for that Trice-ie.

I will put it on my list of places to try.

I must say that I am not a big fan of the "all you can eat" type of place, but i will never put a place down until I have actually given it a go.

I will report back once I've been
We have eaten at the Two Fat Indian's in Mount Lawley and never been disappointed.Not sure if its British style though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.