Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Better quality of life in Australia?

Better quality of life in Australia?

Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Better quality of life in Australia?

I was gonna give you some Karma but it still tells me I've given you too much already but don't tell your hubby

In Cornwall they use the tools available to carry out the deed......
Attached Thumbnails Better quality of life in Australia?-anvil.jpg  
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:40 pm
b.uk

b.uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42
Many would put "attidudes to women from the dark ages" in the better list.

OOOPS! Tiny bit provocative, don't you think?!!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
I was gonna give you some Karma but it still tells me I've given you too much already but don't tell your hubby

In Cornwall they use the tools available to carry out the deed......

It will be our little secret....

I understood from reading the rest of that very informative and obviously well researched article...the hunter had in mind a cheese grater??

Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: :scared:

Have you ever seen a lion outrun a cheetah ?
Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:52 am
Just Joined

lisahaining is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
We Certaintly are!!!! Off to Perth Mandurah area as we have second cousins there that we have never met.That is if we get our visa of course.Where are you thinking of going to?
We are thinking of coming to Perth rather than Brisbane, what do you think? Mandurah seems really nice.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

gauri_gvs1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Better quality of life in Australia?

Hi All,

I am a new member of Britiosh Expats. I am from Indis. My boyfriend would be moving to Australia in a month or two.

I am a software professional and am current doing ABAP module of SAP. I would like to know how is the SAP scenario in AUSTRALIA. Would anyoe let me kow about this.

Gauri
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gauri_gvs1
Hi All,

I am a new member of Britiosh Expats. I am from Indis. My boyfriend would be moving to Australia in a month or two.

I am a software professional and am current doing ABAP module of SAP. I would like to know how is the SAP scenario in AUSTRALIA. Would anyoe let me kow about this.

Gauri
I hope you don't write your ABAP code in English.

Seriously, if I were to employ you writing ABAP you'd have to demonstrate perfect written and verbal English.

Besides this, I expect Oz is outsourcing a great deal back to India/China just like the UK/Europe.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:01 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisahaining
We are thinking of coming to Perth rather than Brisbane, what do you think? Mandurah seems really nice.
Mandurah is beautiful but if you need to work beside the city it's a bit of a trek in, about an hour.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Hels]People in London HAVE to earn loads more than anywhere just to survive. The rent here, just for a small flat is similar in ££'s what you would pay in $$ for somewhere compariable in Oz....

I think London and the South east should be separated from the rest of Britain when comparing cost of living. The capital is a different world compared to the rest of the country. I moved from London to Birmingham a few years ago. I took a drop in salary but my standard of living is far higher - I just couldn't afford to live in London any more. I think for the average person living in London they would be better off ANYWHERE else be it Australia or somewhere else in Britain.
The only way I am worse off now is the fact that there is no culture in Birmingham and it's not very pretty