Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone applying july 2007

anyone applying july 2007

Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone applying july 2007

Originally Posted by afroswede
Hi, I had my medicals done on August 14 and sent off on September 3. My application was lodged on July 30, 2007 and pre-acknowledged on August 1 - pretty early for meds I suppose - with the delays at LCU I didn't want to wait. I am hoping to move to Melbourne in February 2008.
Lodged on a Monday, ack'd on the Wednesday. What bliss
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Didigriff
For some reason I though that MODL visas would be prioritised - does anyone know if this is the case?
From the ASPC updates, it appears there is only a week or so benefit for having offshore priority apps.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deano66
Lodged on a Monday, ack'd on the Wednesday. What bliss
Was that the receipt (pre-ack) or the Acknowledgement with the File Reference No?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

afroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really niceafroswede is just really nice

I got an acknowledgement with a file reference no two days after applying - does that mean it was a "proper" acknowledgement, not just a pre-ack?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by afroswede
I got an acknowledgement with a file reference no two days after applying - does that mean it was a "proper" acknowledgement, not just a pre-ack?
If it has a file reference number it is an acknowledgment - lucky you!!!!

We have been waiting 12 weeks to hear We are also on a 136modl so it is not the visa class.

The acknowledgement basically confirms that your application is valid and can be processed.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Post Re: anyone applying july 2007

Hi everyone,
when people are sending off for their meds and Police Checks did you wait for your agent (those who used an agent) to say to send for them?

Is there any advantage to getting these done prior to them being requested by the agent?

Looking at the automail we got the other day it seems there is only 1 weeks
difference for processing Offshore Priority and Non-Priority 136s

Some priority that isn't
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dandn
Hi everyone,
when people are sending off for their meds and Police Checks did you wait for your agent (those who used an agent) to say to send for them?

Is there any advantage to getting these done prior to them being requested by the agent?

Looking at the automail we got the other day it seems there is only 1 weeks
difference for processing Offshore Priority and Non-Priority 136s

Some priority that isn't

The advantage is that you can send the PCC as soon as requested - it takes 40 days to come in the UK and the meds are currently taking from 3 weeks (for 457) and up to 12 weeks (for PR visas) to clear.

Disadvantage - you have to validate your visa within 12 months of the date of the checks (earliest date).

Other advantage when your CO is ready to look at your case then all the info will be there so hopefully speeds up process.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reedy
The advantage is that you can send the PCC as soon as requested - it takes 40 days to come in the UK and the meds are currently taking from 3 weeks (for 457) and up to 12 weeks (for PR visas) to clear.

Disadvantage - you have to validate your visa within 12 months of the date of the checks (earliest date).

Other advantage when your CO is ready to look at your case then all the info will be there so hopefully speeds up process.
Thanks for your info Reedy, much appriciated
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Just checked my email and finally received acknowledgement and credit card charged!

Debbie
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Just checked my email and finally received acknowledgement and credit card charged!

Debbie
Things are on the up for you debbie its one payment we dont mind anyone taking eh?
shaz
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shazza
Things are on the up for you debbie its one payment we dont mind anyone taking eh?
shaz

Totally agree, feel really excited as things are now moving in the right direction. Have you booked your flights yet?

Debbie
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Totally agree, feel really excited as things are now moving in the right direction. Have you booked your flights yet?

Debbie
No thank god debbie.was hoping to be away on the 8th but doesnt look like thats going to happen, furniture leaving next week though..so if i have no visa i will come along to your meet ..fingers crossed tomorrow will be the day
were in brissy are you off to?
shaz
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shazza
No thank god debbie.was hoping to be away on the 8th but doesnt look like thats going to happen, furniture leaving next week though..so if i have no visa i will come along to your meet ..fingers crossed tomorrow will be the day
were in brissy are you off to?
shaz

Hi Shazza

Would be great if you can make the Glasgow meet up. We are hopefully going to end up in Cleveland, might stay at first near the CBD. Where are you hoping to end up? Read on another post that you are from Coatbridge, the OH works there in Russelcoat St. Where are you heading in Brisbane?

Debbie
Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Shazza

Would be great if you can make the Glasgow meet up. We are hopefully going to end up in Cleveland, might stay at first near the CBD. Where are you hoping to end up? Read on another post that you are from Coatbridge, the OH works there in Russelcoat St. Where are you heading in Brisbane?

Debbie
it realy is a small world..well today i looked at cleveland and it looks stunning but we will decide once we have had a look around..would like to be near the bay but dont know how far it would be from work..
looking to stay a few wks first in brisbane/gold coast and holiday before stressing over a house
shaz
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:35 am
Starting the long wait...

Didigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lcys2460
Welcome to my world Didi! - maybe we can ramble together!
The immi.gov website does say that they prioritise MODL first but I can't see that is the case either? Seems like 136 apps are being processed in order received?
Good luck with yours
Cheers for the information Icys, at least we are all in the same boat. We will get there eventually!

Which part of Oz are you thinking of moving to? We are thinking of Perth initially (we went on a reccie last year and loved it). We are also thinking of Melbourne so will probably go and have a reccie once we get our visas (notice that I am optimistic by using WHEN we get our visas not IF!!).

Best of luck to you and heres to some speedy acks!

Didi x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.