Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

So, we are thinking of moving......

So, we are thinking of moving......

Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:14 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, we are thinking of moving......

Originally Posted by Rick b
Case in point of rude and agressive post from Campbell.
I am loving your posts Likewise, would love to give you Karma for some well written posts.

I didn't bother coming on to the SA section to give any feeback on my recent hols for this very reason.

Campbells .. you are the weakest link .. GOODBYE
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:34 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rick b
Perhaps you provoke too many assumptions by your arrogant bullying style.............
You sound like a racist to me mate .

You were the that one person!! Wow. Thank you for showing your self importance to everyone. Obviously your business was a failure and you had to leave. or am I assuming too much...................................
Oh please……..

Not very good at reading are you? I said I live 3-4 months of the year in Harare. I was in SA (and often go to SA) to meet friends. Obviously I wear a bullet proof vest and carry an SA80 into the war zone that you describe...............I might have not lived in SA, I know plenty who do and they certainly do not paint such a negative picture as you.
I thought the R5 was taking over from the communistic AK 47

Oh, I am so sorry. Therefore are you:

1) Saying there is not a single secure serviced apartment in or around Jo'Burg?
or
2) Saying you don't know of any?

Either way - why did you answer the thread? Let someone else do it.
Mate, you just don’t make sense …. Why did I answer the thread, what, is this some African style interrogation ?

By arrogant bullying? Perhaps in Idi Amins Africa. Maybe you should go and live in the Congo - might suit you.
Mate, you think you bounce in here on a mission to lock me in your cross-hairs. I hope you got the staying power that the others on the SA forum don’t seem to have. So you got a PM from 6000 you are doing a grand job mate.

Well obviously that happens every other day in SA doesn't it. Again - never denyed there was a problem with crime. But the fact is if you are careful and you take precautions you can live safetly and have a good life. Most of those 52 murders are not committed in any of the places where people who are going to live when coming from Britain. You know it and I know it.
Crap, all the illegal immigrants are flocking to the cities not the rural areas. Please…

Already been down this one.
Still not answered. Where can you buy a house in SA on a R15 k salary ? Please answer that if nothing else.

As with the passport thing you got wrong and then didn't answer (with regards to duel nationality) if you actually look at the legislation you can take out the money.
Crap again. If you go to SA to start a business and you leave SA you can only take the allowance which is currently R2 M which = £142 K . Not a lot if you are returning back to the UK to start a new life and buy property.

And who is assuming now? I do not work for a human rights organisation. Although the way you phrased that obviously shows your distaste for them..
Not at all, I was actually would have been surprised if you did.

The fact is you are an arrogant bully boy who shouts down anyone who disagree's with him. It's a common thing on the Internet. If you were less agressive to people but still giving the same message - no one would mind, but it does show considering I have several PM's and rep comments agreeing and saying well done for calling you out. Perhaps you don't realise yourself what an agressive bully you are.
So you are saying my message is right but I am too aggressive ? Mate there has been a few that have had a go at me so you’re not the first. Just to remind that that you wrote on this forum that you particularly joined here to have a go at me.

Good on ya mate. Now let’s get back to the topic. The reasons I ( in my opinion) think people are foolish to consider moving to SA.

Ok, If I had to sum it up in an non –aggressive fashion. SA has 52 murders a day ranging from violent barbaric slaughters for no apparent reason to children being cut up for body parts ( muti) as requested by the witchdoctors. Other than that, hey the same old……………
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:36 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
I am loving your posts Likewise, would love to give you Karma for some well written posts.

I didn't bother coming on to the SA section to give any feeback on my recent hols for this very reason.

Oh no, Miss Eek is back
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:43 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Oh no, Miss Eek is back
Hee hee ... run while you still can!!!!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by 6000
No. Seen that once. No worse than Heathrow.
Ok, so we are comparing Heathrow with the local supermarket in the Cape. Good comparison.

And I bet you never dared go near one of them. No wonder you're so scared of "African Life" You haven't a clue what it is!
In your opinion.

Thank god this country is rid of you. People like you moving away is actually solving the problems, bit by bit. I don't agree with Terror Lekota, but maybe he'd met you... in which case - fair play to the man.
I am aggressive and a bully but you are
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:48 am
Banned

Sorry but you don’t make those rules.

You are quite free to post your opinion as I am. After all that is how democracy works – globally.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:52 am
Banned

Hee hee ... run while you still can!!!!!!!

Now that I’m on the run you can give your feedback re your recent business trip.

Looking forwrd to hearing . My mate still has shares in the Green Dolphin @ the V & A. You manage to get there ?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:54 am
Pog mo thoin

Sorry but you don’t make those rules.

You are quite free to post your opinion as I am. After all that is how democracy works – globally.
In Dubai we just bribe people ...

Yeah, but u will just pick it all apart and that will be my lasting memory of SA
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am aggressive and a bully but you are
I never called you aggressive or a bully. But if the cap fits...

Seriously Campbells - why are you posting on this board? Giving us one-liners from news24.com isn't exactly conducive to debate - especially when you deliberately go looking for the worst thing you can find.

Suggesting that everyone living in SA will be murdered or raped and that all rapists have HIV is not just misguided, it's wrong. And if you can be so wrong on something so big, why should we believe anything else you try and feed us?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:10 pm
Pog mo thoin

Now that I’m on the run you can give your feedback re your recent business trip.

Looking forwrd to hearing . My mate still has shares in the Green Dolphin @ the V & A. You manage to get there ?
Nope did not make it there. Will have to write my SA essay some other time as there is just so much to tell.

Hubby going to be working with a guy there on a project so hopefully I can get another trip in the not too distant future.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by 6000
I never called you aggressive or a bully. But if the cap fits...

Seriously Campbells - why are you posting on this board? Giving us one-liners from news24.com isn't exactly conducive to debate - especially when you deliberately go looking for the worst thing you can find.

Suggesting that everyone living in SA will be murdered or raped and that all rapists have HIV is not just misguided, it's wrong. And if you can be so wrong on something so big, why should we believe anything else you try and feed us?
I post here for the same reason you try to make out that you understand life in Johannesburg, when quite clearly you don’t.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:19 pm
Banned

Nope did not make it there. Will have to write my SA essay some other time as there is just so much to tell.

Hubby going to be working with a guy there on a project so hopefully I can get another trip in the not too distant future.

Oh well. At least it wasn’t all my fault you are not posting it. Otherwise folk may just think I’m a bully or something
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:33 pm
Pog mo thoin

Oh well. At least it wasn’t all my fault you are not posting it. Otherwise folk may just think I’m a bully or something
In the meantime you can check out a great photo of Hout Bay.

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...7&limit=recent
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I post here for the same reason you try to make out that you understand life in Johannesburg, when quite clearly you don’t.
Sorry - you should have clarified: Everyone in Jo'berg is going to get raped and murdered and get AIDS and stuff. Riiiiight.

Just reading a horrific tale of how an 86 year old womanwas beaten to the floor by two juvenile attackers for her bag (New Zealand); a 16 year old boy stabbed to death near his home (UK); a pregnant woman shot dead on her doorstep (UK again) and how police are trying to find witnesses to the murder of a 35-year old bride (NZ again); Oh - a Brit in her car found 10 times over the legal alcohol limit (France) and bombs exploding in a crowded shopping area (Algeria).

It's a terrible world, hey?

I'm playing football between Table Mountain and the palms of the Camps Bay beach when I get back from Site B. And no, I don't work for a charity - stop assuming stuff - I thought you didn't like that kind of thing.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

You sound like a racist to me mate .
Really? It must be because you recognise the sounds so well.................

I am not racist.

Mate, you just don’t make sense …. Why did I answer the thread, what, is this some African style interrogation ?
No, it's simple. If you are not going to help the guy or can't because you obviously don't know - why answer the thread? I presume you think you are under interrorgation as generally you get away with your pathetic bullying and just get laughs from your side kicks?

Mate, you think you bounce in here on a mission to lock me in your cross-hairs. I hope you got the staying power that the others on the SA forum don’t seem to have. So you got a PM from 6000 you are doing a grand job mate.
Not at all. I just think you are an arrogant arse really. I actually feel rather sorry for you more than anything. I mean lets face it - you ahve a wife and kid as you keep telling everyone - yet you spend all night and every night on a message board - says a lot really.

Oh - none of the PM's was from 6000. Nor were any of the reps. Guess there are more people out there than you thought who think you are an idiot...........

Staying power - god just look at your comments!!! "Hope you have the staying power that the others I have managed to bully haven't". How old are you? 5?

Crap, all the illegal immigrants are flocking to the cities not the rural areas. Please…
But mainly to the poorer area's of the cities. I wouldn't walk around Brixton late at night in London. Why would anyone going to Jo'Burg walk around Soweto? It's a harsh but true fact that the vast majority of crime you harp on about happens in area's you and most people on this forum leaving or going to SA have never been to.

Still not answered. Where can you buy a house in SA on a R15 k salary ? Please answer that if nothing else.
Thats about R168,000 per anum. Go online and have a look at Estate Agents. You know as well as I do that if a foreigner buys a property they can only get a 50% loan. Therefore to even consider moving they must have some sort of financial stability. Therefore once they have 50% of the money for a property, getting a loan and paying it on R168,000 a year isn't that difficult is it..........................

Crap again. If you go to SA to start a business and you leave SA you can only take the allowance which is currently R2 M which = £142 K . Not a lot if you are returning back to the UK to start a new life and buy property.
Can you link to this please. I said you could take out the money you invested in SA. Prove me wrong.

Not at all, I was actually would have been surprised if you did.
Then why suggest it.

So you are saying my message is right but I am too aggressive ? Mate there has been a few that have had a go at me so you’re not the first. Just to remind that that you wrote on this forum that you particularly joined here to have a go at me.

Good on ya mate. Now let’s get back to the topic. The reasons I ( in my opinion) think people are foolish to consider moving to SA.

Ok, If I had to sum it up in an non –aggressive fashion. SA has 52 murders a day ranging from violent barbaric slaughters for no apparent reason to children being cut up for body parts ( muti) as requested by the witchdoctors. Other than that, hey the same old……………
No, I am saying your "message" is bigoted, aggressive, overly exaggerated and disgusting when you tell anyone that doesn't take security precautions will end up raped and with HIV.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.