TRA!! please help

Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

kellymarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA!! please help

hi, i am defo going to oz now! i have been hairdressing 7-8 years, but been qualified for 3-4 years. i just wanted to know if i had to apply for my tra before i apply for my visa?! and if i do, does any one know if there is a waiting list for the tra?! and how much it cost? how long it takes? and if it's sone in oz? sorry if there are so many questions, but i just really want to clear things before i proceed. also how i go about booking the tra? thanks for your help. kelly.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:00 am
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice
Default Re: TRA!! please help

kelly
are you going with an agent or doing it yourself?
my wife is qualified enough but hasn't had any recent work experience,so we have to wait a year. . i think you apply for the tra first and it takes about 3 months. but you will get more info on the main site on the visa section,good luck
ps where in oz are you heading?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellymarie
hi, i am defo going to oz now! i have been hairdressing 7-8 years, but been qualified for 3-4 years. i just wanted to know if i had to apply for my tra before i apply for my visa?! and if i do, does any one know if there is a waiting list for the tra?! and how much it cost? how long it takes? and if it's sone in oz? sorry if there are so many questions, but i just really want to clear things before i proceed. also how i go about booking the tra? thanks for your help. kelly.

You need the TRA BEFORE you can apply for your visa as you will need your successful skills assessment letter to send off with your application (plus all the references etc that you send to the TRA, so get three copies, one for TRA, one for Visa and a spare one)

All the info you need to apply for the TRA is on this site: http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oAustralia.htm
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Originally Posted by darendon
kelly
my wife is qualified enough but hasn't had any recent work experience,so we have to wait a year. . i think you apply for the tra first and it takes about 3 months. but you will get more info on the main site on the visa section,good luck
Hi I was qualified with no recent work experience, you are able to apply to the tra now while your obtaining the RWE. That is what I did and also I am going for the 134 visa with WA sponsorship that only requires 6 months work experience.

Christina
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kellymarie

Hi Kellymarie,

Just a bit of advice before you do anything, read read and read more, believe me its a very indepth application especially TRA as they want to know the ins and outs of a bleep bleep and it can be very costly if you do it wrong. Go to the immigration thread on here you'll get loads of info there but better still give an agent a call Go Matilda are very helpful. Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christina225
Hi I was qualified with no recent work experience, you are able to apply to the tra now while your obtaining the RWE. That is what I did and also I am going for the 134 visa with WA sponsorship that only requires 6 months work experience.

Christina
Hi Christina

I'm doing exactly the same hope to have TRA in by the end of month and visa for in around August. Have you put in your visa app yet?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kelsey37
Hi Christina

I'm doing exactly the same hope to have TRA in by the end of month and visa for in around August. Have you put in your visa app yet?
no i havent, really unsure as to what to do and when. can you give me anymore info pls, are you going to oz to do it? how long is the waiting list? hope it goes well for yoou. kelly
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by darendon
kelly
hi, hopefully going queensland, did she do the tra in oz? im very confused about this, and i dont think that site helped me much. thanks for ur reply.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:23 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice

no we are still in wales, but as christina says you can start the ball rolling now by doing the tra,which has to be done first. i;ve been told that once you have the tra approval there is no time limit to apply for your visa ,therefor donna can get her recent work experience,and apply soon as this is done. please speak to an agent to clarify this.
darren
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:49 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

regarding TRA - sorry to interrupt your thread, i have been through the whole process before but not regarding hairdressing, does anyone have a link that gives a breakdown of exactly what the TRA look for in their assessment? ie. some sort of list that a person could use to work from in submitting their application ?
thanks in advance
vb2