Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

NEARLY QUALIFIED- WANT TO WORK ABROAD, ADVICE PLEASE : )

NEARLY QUALIFIED- WANT TO WORK ABROAD, ADVICE PLEASE : )

Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

jenniferb6820 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEARLY QUALIFIED- WANT TO WORK ABROAD, ADVICE PLEASE : )

Hi,
My name is Jen I am from yorkshire in the Uk, Im 20 yrs old and should be a qualified hairdresser in may/june of this year if all goes to plan. Basically I need some help/advice because I would love to work abroad once I am qualified this year, however I dont feel like I have enough experience because I know most jobs abroad require alot of experience!!

I have struggled like crazy to get a permanent job in a salon and so i have had to make do with bits of work experience which have normally lasted a few weeks at a time. I have nearly completed my 2 years training at college full time and feel I have gained so much experience from this, dealing with clients at realy busy times and lots of clients to keep me busy etc, my main concern is that employers abroad wont employ because I dont have a huge amount of salon experience but I desperately want to work away!!

I have built quite an impressive portfolio of my work as evidence. I feel i have got so much to offer, I am young, well presented, so enthusiastic about hairdressing ( I love it with a passion!!) I am reliable, sociable, adaptable.

Could anyone please give me any advice or help on if I am employable to work abroad? As it is driving me crazy, I have been stuck as to who I have to contact to ask these questions to- at this stage anyone can help, thankyou it would be much appreciated!! : ) Jen
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NEARLY QUALIFIED- WANT TO WORK ABROAD, ADVICE PLEASE : )

Not really full of advice for this subject but I was at the emigrate show in Edinburgh yesterday ad posed the question as my daughter is at the end of here first year. It was Canada we were looking at and basically the jist of it was that she would be very employable once she sat here exams in Canada, we were also pointed in the direction that she might be advisable to move and study a further year in Canada perhaps in beauty trade, this will give you more Canadian experience and possible networking!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, Ive actually been thinking of continuing onto my diploma level 3 in hairdressing but was considering going abroad for the last year of training to some gain experience and also see abit of the place aswell. I'll continue to try and find more information, there just doesnt really seem much.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Have you tried the wiki?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Yes Ive asked the same question, I just hope someone out there can give me some advice : )
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

May not be quite the place you were looking to work, but the Falklands is an amazing place to be. Use the link below.

http://silver2.jobpartners.com/jpapp...47286106182145
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou, I'll have a look. To be honest I think Ive sort of answered my own question in that I need a little more practical experience before going abroad, I think I'll study My level 3 which is another year long and then I can apply for jobs away. I cant really wait but im sure it'll be worth it in the end!! Thankyou for your help though, youve been realy helpful : )
Old May 15th 2009, 11:10 am
Just Joined

I have been doing alot of research and I have made a decision, I will be staying on at college for another year to complete my NVQ level 3 in hairdressing and next year I am going to apply for a job on the cruiseliners!!! It'll give me more time to extend my knowledge and gain more experience in the industry and I can prepare myself for what happens next, thankyou to all who have commented your advice has been great!
Old May 27th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Good luck with your NVQ level 3. I'm starting my level 2 in Sept and can't wait.
Old May 28th 2009, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Thankyou, Good luck to you aswell, Its very exciting!!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

alec01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you found your job abroad yet?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Hi
where in yorkshire are you

i am going to oz later this year

Originally Posted by jenniferb6820
Hi,
My name is Jen I am from yorkshire in the Uk, Im 20 yrs old and should be a qualified hairdresser in may/june of this year if all goes to plan. Basically I need some help/advice because I would love to work abroad once I am qualified this year, however I dont feel like I have enough experience because I know most jobs abroad require alot of experience!!

I have struggled like crazy to get a permanent job in a salon and so i have had to make do with bits of work experience which have normally lasted a few weeks at a time. I have nearly completed my 2 years training at college full time and feel I have gained so much experience from this, dealing with clients at realy busy times and lots of clients to keep me busy etc, my main concern is that employers abroad wont employ because I dont have a huge amount of salon experience but I desperately want to work away!!

I have built quite an impressive portfolio of my work as evidence. I feel i have got so much to offer, I am young, well presented, so enthusiastic about hairdressing ( I love it with a passion!!) I am reliable, sociable, adaptable.

Could anyone please give me any advice or help on if I am employable to work abroad? As it is driving me crazy, I have been stuck as to who I have to contact to ask these questions to- at this stage anyone can help, thankyou it would be much appreciated!! : ) Jen
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Innisfail Svetlana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hellol
We have a new salon opening in Innisfail, Alberta, Canada and are wondering if you have found a position yet or if you are still looking.
We have a clothing alteration shop with customers waiting for a stylist
Innisfail is a small town with 7000 people and is 15 minutes from the city of Red Deer (70,000 people) and one hour from Calgary (1,000,000 people).
Hope to hear from you
Svetlana

Originally Posted by jenniferb6820
Hi,