Lighting Industry

Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

NatD1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lighting Industry

Hi Guys!

I am currently based in the UK, and have worked in the Lighting Industry for nearly 14 years now.

I am just 30, so am very experienced for my age. I am currently a Project Sales Engineer, dealing with M&E Consultants, Contractors and Architects on varying types of projects; Commercial, Industrial, Education and Retail / Domestic.

My role involves Sales, as well as a lot of Design work (Lighting Design).

We are looking to move to Melbourne in a couple of years, and was just wondering if there were any other people out there that had moved out, or anyone working in an M&E Practice or Design Studio that could tell me more about the Australian Lighting Market.

I have friends over in the Australia that I have met through work that say people with my skills and background are in Demand, so am just seeing if anyone who frequents BE can confirm this or not?

Thanks in advance.