Fast track course

Old May 30th 2006, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fast track course

I am currently in Qld doing a 2 year course in hairdressing, I have completed 14 months now, and was told at the college that I could fast track my course and complete be December 2006 instead of April 2007, as I am competent with all the skills. If I was to finish before the 2 years will this stop me being able to apply as an independent onshore student! Even if I complete all the hours for 2 years by December?
As I am not sure and do not want to do anything to jeopardise my visa for permanent residency.
I would be grateful for any advice, especially if someone has already done this.
many thanks
Old May 30th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fast track course

Originally Posted by Corkhead
I am currently in Qld doing a 2 year course in hairdressing, I have completed 14 months now, and was told at the college that I could fast track my course and complete be December 2006 instead of April 2007, as I am competent with all the skills. If I was to finish before the 2 years will this stop me being able to apply as an independent onshore student! Even if I complete all the hours for 2 years by December?
As I am not sure and do not want to do anything to jeopardise my visa for permanent residency.
I would be grateful for any advice, especially if someone has already done this.
many thanks
Hi, it depends which institute you are training at, at TAFE you are required to do the 2 years because of all the holidays they have, but at some Private institutes (I attended the Gold Coast School OF Hairdressing), you only need to do 1 and a half years if you don't take any holidays, they only break for 2 weeks at christmas and public holidays, PM me if you require info if you are in a private school as I have friends currently studying, but if your in TAFE the rules are different.
Old May 30th 2006, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi, it depends which institute you are training at, at TAFE you are required to do the 2 years because of all the holidays they have, but at some Private institutes (I attended the Gold Coast School OF Hairdressing), you only need to do 1 and a half years if you don't take any holidays, they only break for 2 weeks at christmas and public holidays, PM me if you require info if you are in a private school as I have friends currently studying, but if your in TAFE the rules are different.
Thanks, I'm at tafe, so guess Ill have to do 2 years
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

LeWa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corkhead
Thanks, I'm at tafe, so guess Ill have to do 2 years
Hi Corkhead!,

Just wondering if you could tell me what TAFE is like? Am thinking of applying to Tafe NSW in sept to do my certIV and diploma in hairdressing. Is this where you are and if so - Whats it like??????? Cant find anyone else on this forum who has done a course there, everyone else seems to be at private schools!

Many thanks
Leah
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeWa
Hi Corkhead!,

Just wondering if you could tell me what TAFE is like? Am thinking of applying to Tafe NSW in sept to do my certIV and diploma in hairdressing. Is this where you are and if so - Whats it like??????? Cant find anyone else on this forum who has done a course there, everyone else seems to be at private schools!

Many thanks
Leah
Hi leah
I have now completed my Hairdressing course and am awiting PR. I am now working as a hairdresser. I found tafe a good place to learn the teachers were great and there was an international department that offered support, I went to the Sunshine coast tafe in Qld. Just be ware it is a very hard course if you dont intend being a hairdresser.
Hope this helps