Expat in UE

Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Umanlog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat in UE

Hi there, I'm a frenchy who will be employed by a UK company as an expat to work in UE (starting in Poland). What will be my status and who I should contact to ask for? (Inland revenue ...) Thanks.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Simone2 is a jewel in the roughSimone2 is a jewel in the roughSimone2 is a jewel in the roughSimone2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Expat in UE

Originally Posted by Umanlog
Hi there, I'm a frenchy who will be employed by a UK company as an expat to work in UE (starting in Poland). What will be my status and who I should contact to ask for? (Inland revenue ...) Thanks.
Which country are you from? and how long are you going for?
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Umanlog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simone2
Which country are you from? and how long are you going for?
As a frenchy, I am from France; I don't know how long it should last, but for many years at least, in some european countries, and Warsaw could be my "base".
I identified I should be a non resident expat, and that is an interesting status in UK. I wait for a lawyer's confirmation.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Umanlog
As a frenchy, I am from France; I don't know how long it should last, but for many years at least, in some european countries, and Warsaw could be my "base".
I identified I should be a non resident expat, and that is an interesting status in UK. I wait for a lawyer's confirmation.
You will pay tax at the local rate.

If you were paid / working in the U.K then you would be pay at that rate,

Paid / working in France, etc.

Warsaw you would be paying the local rate, however if you are on a Ltd / freelance basis then there is the allowance and kick backs for working overseas.

Regards.

Ivan