Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Working In Italy

Working In Italy

Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

AndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really nice
Default Working In Italy

Hello All,

Admittedly, questions about English people finding work in Italy is a quite popular topic, but am just curious to know other peoples' experiences.

It's just that I would like to move across to Italy for a few months and hone my Italian (which is currently at a Intermediate level).

In people's opinion, would it best to search around over the internet and email hotels/pubs etc and see if they have available spaces? In which case, would anyone know who best to email to ask for general work? Alternatively, would it be best just to turn up in an area and apply in person at various places and wait for something to turn up?

Many thanks for any help and hope you're enjoying the summer.

Thanks - Andrew
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working In Italy

Hello Andy...welcome to BE.

Here is the link to our Italy forum...take a read through some of the threads and join in whenever you wish.

The moderator for that forum is Lorna...just give her a shout if you have any problems or concerns. If you have problems navigating your way around the many BE forums please contact the concierge for the Italy forum TestaRossa.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:11 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Andrew.
Hopefully someone can answer your questions on the Italian section.
if you are looking to work in vacation trade it maybe too late this year as we are now into peak season and work places should be filled.

Good luck
Old Jul 17th 2010, 12:14 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew

Welcome to BE.
I would definitely advise you to post your questions onto the Italy forum, found on the main Forums page. There will be lots of other members there who will be able to help and advise you.

Good luck with finding a job there.

Dread - x
Old Jul 18th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

AndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really niceAndySlings is just really nice

My apologies! Wrong forum - amatuer mistake.

Please feel to delete this thread, as I have moved it to the Italy forum.

Thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndySlings
My apologies! Wrong forum - amatuer mistake.

Please feel to delete this thread, as I have moved it to the Italy forum.

Thanks.
Andy there is no reason to delete this thread. You have introduced yourself...which in turn has given us the opportunity to welcome you to the BE. That's what The Welcome Inn forum is for.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.