Off to Eire

Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Dee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to all
Talking Off to Eire

Hi All,
Just joined this great site so thought we better say hi. We are Denise & Geoff from North Wales, now in France, but lived in Africa for 12 months before that.

We want to buy a smallholding and live the good life. We decided after much heart searching and have decided of moving to either Wales or Eire, a place has caught the lovely Dee's eye in southern Ireland, so thats looking the very hot favourite. Work will not be a problem as Geoff works on rotation in the oil industry.

So thats our story, better start the practise on the Guiness drinking

Cheers all
Denise & Geoff
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:17 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Off to Eire

Originally Posted by Celtic Compact Tractors
Hi All,
Just joined this great site so thought we better say hi. We are Denise & Geoff from North Wales, now in France, but lived in Africa for 12 months before that.

We want to buy a smallholding and live the good life. We decided after much heart searching and have decided of moving to either Wales or Eire, a place has caught the lovely Dee's eye in southern Ireland, so thats looking the very hot favourite. Work will not be a problem as Geoff works on rotation in the oil industry.

So thats our story, better start the practise on the Guiness drinking

Cheers all
Denise & Geoff
Welcome to the Forum, See you have already found the Irish Section

Mitzyboy is the Moderator over there, So you can contact him or Admin should you get any issues.

Once Again Welcome.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Dee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to all

Hi Ka Ora,
Thanks for the info and warm welcome, I'm sure the site will be a great help.
Cheers
Geoff & Denise
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic Compact Tractors
Thanks for the info and warm welcome, I'm sure the site will be a great help.
Cheers
Geoff & Denise
Hi, and welcome to BE

Please contact our Admin about having your username changed before you make any more posts: http://britishexpats.com/forum/sendmessage.php
Your missing posts can be reinstated then.

The site rules are posted here: http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Thanks!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for the email, we have asked for our username to be change, sorry we never thought when we registered, it was the name of our tractor import business that we was going to set up in france, but never did, so it just popped up when I was choosing our name.
Cheers
Geoff
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there...I've just dropped by to welcome you to the site.

Please give me a shout if you have any problems or concerns. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dee&Geoff
Hi,
Thanks for the email, we have asked for our username to be change, sorry we never thought when we registered, it was the name of our tractor import business that we was going to set up in france, but never did, so it just popped up when I was choosing our name.
Cheers
Geoff
No worries, it's changed now
Old Jul 17th 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jerseygirl,
Thanks for the warm welcome and offer of help and thanks for sorting the username for us Sue.
Hope you all have a good weekend
Cheers
Denise & Geoff
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:39 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dee n Geoff

Welcome to BE.

I see you have already found the Ireland forum, so I am sure there will be useful advice and tips to be had on there to help your move go smoothly, and knowing the Irish, I am sure you will find some Guiness buddies in the area you move to as well.

Good luck with your move, and hope you have lots of cyber fun on here.

Dread - x
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dread,
Thanks for the kind words, we can't wait to get over and start our new lifestyle of self sufficiency, I'm sure that will be an uphill struggle, but I'm sure we can find the right people to help us over a pint of the black stuff
Cheers
Geoff
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:49 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dread,
Thanks for the kind words, we can't wait to get over and start our new lifestyle of self sufficiency, I'm sure that will be an uphill struggle, but I'm sure we can find the right people to help us over a pint of the black stuff
Cheers
Geoff
Hi Geoff

In a few years my OH and I are going to be looking at a bit of a self sufficiency lifestyle, so I think I shall be coming to you for advice in a few years time !!
Have fun while you learn.

Dread - x
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:28 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dread,
Cheers
Geoff

Tractor imports? Just make sure they are right hand drive!!!!

Good luck with your move.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi ,
Thanks for the goodluck message. We gave up on the tractors after all the tire kickers who wanted a brand new machine for nothing, I suppose that's human nature, so back to the day job now.
Cheers
Dee and Geoff
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Hey Dread,
We have joined all the smallholder websites so are picking up lots of knowledge, so we would be pleased to point you in the right direction if you choose to try the self sufficiency route.

We were going to breed pedigree rare breed pigs on a free range basis and free range some chickens, so nothing to grand, but if we get the place in Ireland we will try free range bed and breakfast as well as horse livery, I'm sure we will make our first million one day ha ha
Cheers
Geoff & Denise
Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:59 pm

Hey Dread,
We have joined all the smallholder websites so are picking up lots of knowledge, so we would be pleased to point you in the right direction if you choose to try the self sufficiency route.

We were going to breed pedigree rare breed pigs on a free range basis and free range some chickens, so nothing to grand, but if we get the place in Ireland we will try free range bed and breakfast as well as horse livery, I'm sure we will make our first million one day ha ha
Cheers
Geoff & Denise
Hi Geoff n Denise

Sounds idyllic - go for it.
We are more about starting out by just growing our own produce, but this won't be until I have retired in a few years time. That said, who knows where we will want to take things....

Dread - x