Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Returning to the UK

Returning to the UK

Old Jan 21st 2020, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Uschi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Returning to the UK

Born in England (1949), I turned 6 on the Edinburgh Castle, traveling en-route to Union of South Africa. Been here ever since but as my family has all very much dispersed around the globe, I would like to return to the UK..... I am currently in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu Natal South Africa and need assistance to relocate to the UK.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 8:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to the UK

Hi Uschi, welcome to BE.

This is the Welcome area, for new members to introduce themselves, and any specific questions would be best posted in the "Moving Back to the UK" sub-forum, where people should be able to answer your questions. We see people in a similar position to you, having left the UK as a child and now looking to return after they have retired, fairly frequently, so I am sure that members will have answers to all your questions.

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: Returning to the UK

Good day Pulaski...... thank you for your speeding reply and coming to my rescue...... I was able to post this ONE and ONLY...... but nothing further.......Where do go to post my next message.... its quite confusing......... thanks .... appreciate your assistance....... regards Uschi
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 8:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uschi
Good day Pulaski...... thank you for your speeding reply and coming to my rescue...... I was able to post this ONE and ONLY...... but nothing further.......Where do go to post my next message.... its quite confusing......... thanks .... appreciate your assistance....... regards Uschi
Follow the link in Pulaski's post to the Moving Back to the UK forum, and then you can start a new thread there just as you have done here. The good folks there will be able to help you, if you let them know what assistance you need.

Incidentally, can I suggest you remove all of your personal contact info from your signature etc? BE is a public forum, so it'll get picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there! Best to keep things like your email and mobile number private, thanks.

Good luck with the move.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 22nd 2020 at 8:39 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 10:07 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Clicking on the underlined words in my previous post will take you to the sub-forum where you can ask your questions.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

jdav777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi have you looked into relocating to the Isle of Man ! the reason I ask is that we have many South Africans now relocating here
and it is easier to obtain a Visa.... not sure if you need a Visa being originally from the UK but if you need any info just drop me a line I will help all I can
Life here in the Isle of Man is good safe and it is a beautiful place....

Regards James
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by jdav777
Hi have you looked into relocating to the Isle of Man ! the reason I ask is that we have many South Africans now relocating here
and it is easier to obtain a Visa.... not sure if you need a Visa being originally from the UK ....
As he was born in England he's a British citizen and doesn't need a visa to live in the UK.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

jdav777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you...

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Christmasoompa......... for your guidance and feedback... My apologies, I am attempting to learn these ropes..... its all the Forum and Sub-Forum and LINKS all over the show that has me slightly confused....... So thanks for the tip about my mobile number and other contact details.... As I said, its a learning curve.. and I am trying to play catch up here...... regards and JOLLY CHEERFUL greetings from Sunny South Africa..... Hope it gets you out of your DARKENED ROOM.... for a breather.... hee hee
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

James hi..... Sorry, don't know how this replying thingee works... Not sure whether to reply via email or whether I need to return to the muddle puddle and navigate it there... Sjoe.... The Isle of Man sounds great.... and no, I have a valid British Passport so I guess I don't need a Visa or do I???.....

So, I need guidance, because I honestly don't know where to start, other than buying my air ticket and boarding the plane...... I thought of going to Leicester (I have four cousins and their families there) OR to Ireland, as a friend from South Africa, has relocated (don't ask me what place......... tooooo many vowels....hee hee) quite a while ago.

So, any tips and guidelines would be greatly appreciated.....

Kind regards.............. Uschi
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 5:57 pm

James hi..... Sorry, don't know how this replying thingee works... Not sure whether to reply via email or whether I need to return to the muddle puddle and navigate it there... Sjoe.... The Isle of Man sounds great.... and no, I have a valid British Passport so I guess I don't need a Visa or do I???.....
As a British citizen, all you need to return to the UK is your passport and a ticket to travel.

To reply to someone specifically, click on the "Quote" button near the bottom right corner of the post. ---->