Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

A returned Ex Pat

A returned Ex Pat

Old Sep 25th 2011, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Andytoth has a brilliant futureAndytoth has a brilliant futureAndytoth has a brilliant futureAndytoth has a brilliant futureAndytoth has a brilliant futureAndytoth has a brilliant future
Default A returned Ex Pat

Hi
We returned from a 2 year posting in Budapest some time ago but I still feel it worth joining up. We may well have experience to share and who knows what the future will bring ?!?
There is a great expat community In Budapest and we found the BWA (British Women's Association) a really useful link into that community as was the school (BISB)
Old Sep 25th 2011, 9:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A returned Ex Pat

Originally Posted by Andytoth
Hi
We returned from a 2 year posting in Budapest some time ago but I still feel it worth joining up. We may well have experience to share and who knows what the future will bring ?!?
There is a great expat community In Budapest and we found the BWA (British Women's Association) a really useful link into that community as was the school (BISB)
Hi Andy...welcome aboard. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and thank you for your offer of help.

Why don't you pop over to our Hungary Forum and say hello?

Should you need help navigating your way around the site we have a team of concierges that will be pleased to help you. Rural Hungary is the concierge for the Hungary forums.

Please contact Mitzyboy if you have any problems or concerns...he's the moderator for the Europe forums.

Once again welcome and please shout out if you need any help.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:23 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy

Welcome to BE.
I second Jerseygirl's suggestion of making yourself known to the Hungary forum. You will no doubt have lots of tips and advice to offer anyone else on the way there having lived there yourself. First hand knowledge is always so valuable.
On the other side of the coin, I am sure you will enjoy keeping up with happenings in the old neighbourhood too.

Have fun

Dread - x
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy,

Welcome to BE. You will love our Hungary forum, everyone who posts there is so helpful at sharing info and tips etc.

I hope you enjoy being part of our little community
Old Sep 26th 2011, 1:34 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andytoth
Hi
Hello Andy,

Welcome to BE! Kind of you to join us, and glad you did. Budapest must have changed dramatically in the last 20 years. (Although the ‘Magyar’ tongue would still be the same twister!) I've heard real Hungarian food is remarkable as well. I'm sure you've lots to share, and hope you do!

The others seem to have you well connected here, so I'm simply left to bid you greetings from Ontario, Canada!

Best,
Christian
Old Sep 26th 2011, 2:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy and welcome to BE