Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Oliva, Valencia, Spain

Oliva, Valencia, Spain

Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Patgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nice
Default Oliva, Valencia, Spain

My husband and I are coming to live in Oliva, Old Town, mid September 2010.We were wondering if there are any ex. pat clubs in the area. We intend joining a lawn bowls club to meet people, we like walking, not long distance hiking, too old for that.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:51 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oliva, Valencia, Spain

Originally Posted by Patgeorge
My husband and I are coming to live in Oliva, Old Town, mid September 2010.We were wondering if there are any ex. pat clubs in the area. We intend joining a lawn bowls club to meet people, we like walking, not long distance hiking, too old for that.
Hi Patgeorge

Welcome to British Expats and thank you for introducing yourself on the welcome forum as that helps us to guide you to the right place on the site.

There is a forum dedicated to Spain, which you will find by pressing the 'forum index' button on the pink bar at the top of this page. Scroll down and you will see a main heading entitled 'Europe', underneath which you will see 'Spain'. Double click on 'Spain' and you're in the Spanish forum, where there at lots of expats, and they are a friendly bunch there too.

The main thing is to jump in and introduce yourself on that forum and also post your question. I am sure the good folks there will be able to give you the answer, as well as some good tips and advice to make your move a smooth one, and help you settle in. If you find you want some help with navigating your way around the site or the forum, come back to here and one of my colleagues or I will do our best to help you. Mitzyboy is the moderator on that site and he's a good old boy and very helpful.

When you get onto the Spain forum, it is well worth looking at some of the recent threads, as well as any of the 'sticky' threads which you will find listed at the top. This helps you find your feet and gives you an idea of what is current on the forum as well. Just don't be afraid to join in and you will soon enjoy making some new friends in your new homeland.

In the meantime, I wish you good luck with your move to the sunshine.

Have fun

Dread - x
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pat, Welcome to BE. I see you have already been given the info to get you started, i'm sure you will find what you need.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:12 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Look up Mitzyboy on here - he is from around that area - welcome to BE btw xxxxx
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there Patgeorge...welcome to BE.

I see you've already found your way into our Spain Forum. We have a huge group of expats who have moved to Spain so I'm sure you'll get loads of useful help and advice if you post in the Spain Forums. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...there's a wealth of info in there.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page...their names are in standard font.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Good luck and please shout out if you need any help.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Patgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nicePatgeorge is just really nice

Just want to thank all you guys for taking the time to reply. We will certainly follow up all those leads. I speak a little spanish but need to knuckle down and improve so, hopefully, will meet people that way as well. Sounds as if life in Oliva could be fun.