Reload this Page >

New member from Turkey!

New member from Turkey!

Old Mar 19th 2016, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Arva A. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member from Turkey!

Hey all,
I'm new here. Will soon travel to UK for a short term internship. Just need to decide which city would be the best to live! Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Mar 20th 2016, 12:15 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member from Turkey!

Hello and welcome to the forum

Not sure what to suggest. This is a British expats forum or, in other words, for Brits or others who are relocating elsewhere in the world. So opposite direction to you

I guess you may get some info from those Brits who are moving back to the UK. You can try this section here:
Moving back to the UK - British Expats

Hope it all works out.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Will check that one. Thank you!
Old Mar 20th 2016, 9:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arva A.
Hey all,
I'm new here. Will soon travel to UK for a short term internship. Just need to decide which city would be the best to live! Any suggestions? Thanks!
Surely it depends on where the internship is based? If you can give that info, then people can suggest areas to live that would be within commuting distance - also a housing budget and an idea of how you'll be getting around (i.e. if you'll have a car or be limited to public transport) would help them narrow down areas.

But as said above, post your query with a bit more info in the MBTTUK forum, and I'm sure the kind folks there will help.

Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Surely it depends on where the internship is based? If you can give that info, then people can suggest areas to live that would be within commuting distance - also a housing budget and an idea of how you'll be getting around (i.e. if you'll have a car or be limited to public transport) would help them narrow down areas.

But as said above, post your query with a bit more info in the MBTTUK forum, and I'm sure the kind folks there will help.

Good luck.
Will do, thanks! It's not certain yet where the internship will be. Basically, I need to choose a city first and THEN apply for internship in that place. My university will take care of the rest.
I'll be using public transportation and obviously I prefer a place that is not crazily expensive. I'm also concerned about racism, so I need a place where people will be more welcoming.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 9:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arva A.
Will do, thanks! It's not certain yet where the internship will be. Basically, I need to choose a city first and THEN apply for internship in that place. My university will take care of the rest.
I'll be using public transportation and obviously I prefer a place that is not crazily expensive. I'm also concerned about racism, so I need a place where people will be more welcoming.
Ah, ok. That's a bit of a tricky one then, with so wide a choice! I'd forget anywhere in the south if you don't want crazy expensive although some of the cities (i.e. Bath, Windsor or Oxford) are just gorgeous, and cheaper than London, maybe somewhere in the North or Midlands i.e. Leeds, Birmingham, Liverpool?

Good luck choosing!