Reload this Page >

New member currently in Bogota needing advice

New member currently in Bogota needing advice

Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Location: Global community, no fixed location but with the UK as a base
mindfultraveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member currently in Bogota needing advice

Hi all. It's great to finally be a member, least of all since I love travelling. I am currently in Bogota but my wife and I have been travelling in south america for the last 12 months. We started off in Buenos Aires and made our way up here slowly, in our own car. It's been a fabulous ride and we can't recommend it enough. What's more is we shipped our car from the UK to Buenos Aires. This has many advantages such as knowing your vehicle and being able to prepare it. The downside of course is that it is a right hand drive vehicle and selling it in any of the countries here is near impossible.

<<<snip>>>

Looking forward to getting to know the site, forums and articles. Living in South America is an option, also immigrating to Canada, so I am sure I'll be in touch.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 11th 2010 at 6:30 pm. Reason: Please repost info about your car in our Classifieds forum...thanks.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member currently in Bogota needing advice

Originally Posted by mindfultraveller
Hi all. It's great to finally be a member, least of all since I love travelling. I am currently in Bogota but my wife and I have been travelling in south america for the last 12 months. We started off in Buenos Aires and made our way up here slowly, in our own car. It's been a fabulous ride and we can't recommend it enough. What's more is we shipped our car from the UK to Buenos Aires. This has many advantages such as knowing your vehicle and being able to prepare it. The downside of course is that it is a right hand drive vehicle and selling it in any of the countries here is near impossible.

<<<snip>>>

Looking forward to getting to know the site, forums and articles. Living in South America is an option, also immigrating to Canada, so I am sure I'll be in touch.

Cheers,
John

Hi there John and welcome to the site.

I'm sorry the forums are not to be used for selling items...but we do have a Classifieds Forum if you would like to post the details in there.

Please let me know if you are interested in taking a look around any of our forums and I will provide you with the relevant information.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John - it sounds like you're having quite the adventure! Welcome to BE and let me know if I can help you find your way around in any way.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Location: Global community, no fixed location but with the UK as a base
mindfultraveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, sorry, wasn't sure how it all worked. Yes, will post on the classified ads.
Cheers,
John
Old Nov 12th 2010, 12:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindfultraveller
Thanks, sorry, wasn't sure how it all worked. Yes, will post on the classified ads.
Cheers,
John
No problem. Your ad probably won't appear straight away...it will need admin approval thus the delay.

If you're interested in looking at our Canada and/or South America forums let me know and I'll give you the relevant links to get you started.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:21 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John

Welcome to BE from me too.
Your S. American journey must have been absolutely amazing. It's an area of the world which very much features in my future plans having had a 'taster' with a trip to Brazil and Argentina which was incredible.
You may enjoy having a wade through our forum dedicated to South America and share your adventures with expats living there. Similarly as you are considering emigrating to Canada you may find the Canada forum very useful and interesting.
You will find both by pressing the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page, scroll down through the list of countries where you will find a Canada. Scroll a bit further and you will find Rest of the World and South America is under that. Double click on the country name and you're in.
I hope you find both enjoyable and fun.

Good luck with your future adventures

Dread - x