Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

advice about going to Australia-Manly

advice about going to Australia-Manly

Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

lisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nice
Default advice about going to Australia-Manly

Hi, im going to study in Manly, Sydney, Australia at the end of next year. I know that it seems a long way off but i am taking my small dog with me so i need to prepare for the quarentine etc. I have been informing myself buy reading on the internet etc. But if anyone could give me any advice about long flights with animals, what life is like in Manly and cheap accomodation, can i open a bank account from here before i am actually in the country etc, i would be very greatful!! Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice about going to Australia-Manly

Originally Posted by lisiya72
Hi, im going to study in Manly, Sydney, Australia at the end of next year. I know that it seems a long way off but i am taking my small dog with me so i need to prepare for the quarentine etc. I have been informing myself buy reading on the internet etc. But if anyone could give me any advice about long flights with animals, what life is like in Manly and cheap accomodation, can i open a bank account from here before i am actually in the country etc, i would be very greatful!! Thanks
G'day...and welcome to BE.

You've certainly found the right forum for helpful advice and information...well done. We have many members living in the Sydney area...I'm sure they will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. In fact I'm pretty sure some of our members are students in the Sydney area. Here is the link to our Australia Forums...why don't you pop over there and say hello. We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under.

The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Alistairboyle is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact him.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Centurion.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:49 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

You can open a bank account with NAB from the UK. No fees.

Lots of people bring out their pets with them so no problems there. You can use the search facility on here to find out more.

I don't know about Manly so it would be best to post another question in the main Australia forum.

Good luck.

Any problems, give me a hoy.

Alistair.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:10 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lisiya

Welcome to BE from me too.
I see Jerseygirl and Alistair have given you some pointers and links to our Australia forum. I think you will find it very worthwhile joining in that forum where you can ask all the questions you have, and the good folks there will be happy to answer you. I am sure you will make contact with some Sydney based expats too.

Good luck with your plans

Dread - x
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:33 am
Just Joined

lisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nicelisiya72 is just really nice

Hi Alistair!,
Thanks for the info, i actually live in Spain, however i will try and sort out the bank account.

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hi there and welcome to B.E.

You can open a bank account with NAB from the UK. No fees.

Lots of people bring out their pets with them so no problems there. You can use the search facility on here to find out more.

I don't know about Manly so it would be best to post another question in the main Australia forum.

Good luck.

Any problems, give me a hoy.

Alistair.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:40 am
Just Joined

ok thankyou Dread!

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Lisiya

Welcome to BE from me too.
I see Jerseygirl and Alistair have given you some pointers and links to our Australia forum. I think you will find it very worthwhile joining in that forum where you can ask all the questions you have, and the good folks there will be happy to answer you. I am sure you will make contact with some Sydney based expats too.

Good luck with your plans

Dread - x