Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New member from Canada

New member from Canada

Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light
Default New member from Canada

Hello everyone,

I must start by admitting that I am not a real expat, but am hoping to bring one to Canada in the near future My british beau and I met in 2010, and after a year of long-distance dating, including 1000s of emails, countless hours on skype, dozens of trips over the Atlantic and multiple jet-lagged filled days, we decided in the summer that one of us had to make a move over that Atlantic ocean. We are aiming for him to move here in Ottawa (Gatineau) in time to celebrate the New Year via the family-Class sponsorship application, first coming as a visitor. I have been spending a lot of time gathering a lot of excellent information here on the Canada section of the British Expats forum, and am happy to join the community.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 12:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member from Canada

Originally Posted by CanAngel
Hello everyone,

I must start by admitting that I am not a real expat, but am hoping to bring one to Canada in the near future My british beau and I met in 2010, and after a year of long-distance dating, including 1000s of emails, countless hours on skype, dozens of trips over the Atlantic and multiple jet-lagged filled days, we decided in the summer that one of us had to make a move over that Atlantic ocean. We are aiming for him to move here in Ottawa (Gatineau) in time to celebrate the New Year via the family-Class sponsorship application, first coming as a visitor. I have been spending a lot of time gathering a lot of excellent information here on the Canada section of the British Expats forum, and am happy to join the community.
Hi there...welcome to BE.

I'm pleased you are finding the forums useful. As you have already found the Canada forums I will give you a few useful links to help you further.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Good luck.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 6:10 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey... welcome to BE Hope everything works out for you.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:54 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Canangel

Welcome to BE.
Glad to hear that you have been well assisted by our forums and I wish you and your beloved all the very best for a future together

Dread - x
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, and welcome.

Hope to see you in the Canada forum soon.

Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have not posted anything yet but have been lurking and searching for info, and finding pretty much all the answers I have been looking for I have seen posts where the same question is asked over and over again and where the OP has been re-directed to where the answer can actually be found with a bit of research. I don't want to post my questions without having done some research first I am sure I will hit a wall soon though

Happy Friday everyone!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Kapeety is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone in a semi-similar situation, I just wanted to say good luck and all the best! Drat that vast expanse of water.