Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Any British Expats in the Maldives?

Any British Expats in the Maldives?

Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

babs9193 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any British Expats in the Maldives?

Hello,

I'm going to move to the Maldives in a months time, from London UK. Any British expats to give me a few tips?

Babs x
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any British Expats in the Maldives?

Originally Posted by babs9193
Hello,

I'm going to move to the Maldives in a months time, from London UK. Any British expats to give me a few tips?

Babs x
Hello and welcome to BE.

What a wonderful part of the world you are moving to. I'm sorry but we do not have a dedicated forum for the Maldives...it will come under the umbrella of our Goa Forum. Why don't you pop over there, take a look around and join in?

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. The concierge for the Goa forum is Dreadsoc...she will help you if you feel a little lost.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Goa forum are Noni, Sue and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need any further help. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 12th 2011 at 7:29 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:42 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Babs

Welcome to BE.
I have already sent you a lttle reply in the Goa forum, where as our neighbour, you are most welcome to come aboard and join in. Several of those on the Goa forum pop over to the Maldives - so you may find your kettle (or mini bar ) rather in demand from time to time !!
It would be great to have you join in the chats over in the Goa forum, and a lot of the members there would love to hear about life in the Maldives - me for one.
Plus popping in and chatting to us expat neighbours will give you a good 'Brit fix' every now and again - every expat needs that.

Looking forward to chatting to you in 'cyber Goa'.

Dread - x
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:01 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Babs, welcome to BE

There was a lady on here a few months back in the Welcome Inn on this thread here

I guess you haven't got enough postings yet to send a PM to her. Wonder if it might be possible to add to that old thread?? (Moderators: maybe you can confirm if that is OK or another suggestion? Ta)
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Hello all,

How wonderful to hear from all of you! Very honoured indeed Thank you, Jerseygirl, for your suggestion that I post on the Goa forum, I've already done it, and hopefully I'll get chatting to people on there.

Also much appreciated, Dread, for your continued support whilst I go about trying to form contacts in a alien country I'm moving to where I know no one daunting, but looking forward to the challenge. Very happy to swap news and tips with fellow Brits in neighbouring Goa!

Thank you, bakedbean, I've read the thread started by the lady in the Maldives, wonder if she will be still there when I arrive (I envisage getting there in mid-Nov), as she did mention she is there only till November.

I am grateful for all your suggestions.

Babs
Old Oct 13th 2011, 11:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Babs, welcome to BE

There was a lady on here a few months back in the Welcome Inn on this thread here

I guess you haven't got enough postings yet to send a PM to her. Wonder if it might be possible to add to that old thread?? (Moderators: maybe you can confirm if that is OK or another suggestion? Ta)

Babs can read the old thread using the link you gave. The thread isn't closed so anyone can add another post to that thread. She can also use the PM function now. However LauraPanda hasn't logged onto BE for over 6 months...so it's doubtful she will read any new posts or PMs. Thanks BB.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 13th 2011 at 11:31 am.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 1:39 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks JG. 6 months old, didn't realize. crikey doesn't time fly when you're having fun

All the best Babs. Maldives... Mmm quite jealous actually.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 3:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

LauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Babs can read the old thread using the link you gave. The thread isn't closed so anyone can add another post to that thread. She can also use the PM function now. However LauraPanda hasn't logged onto BE for over 6 months...so it's doubtful she will read any new posts or PMs. Thanks BB.
I think fate made me log in today, just spotted this thread and the one in the Goa forum!

Ask away if you have any questions
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Laura, we were discussing about you on this thread, wondering if you were still around!

Yes, fate indeed
Old Oct 15th 2011, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by LauraPanda
I think fate made me log in today,
Ah... we were all sending out psychic vibes to you
Old Oct 15th 2011, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Hey BB,

I'm getting there, slowly but surely :-)
Thank you for all the positive vibes, keep them coming.

Babs x