Old Dec 28th 2022, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Icicle2022 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member

Hi all
I am new to this forum and just trying to get my head around things. Moving forward I would like to move to Canada and have tried to research as best I can. I completed the eligibility criteria for expressed entry but did not fit this (perhaps my savings I put was just mine and not the rest of the family). I am hoping to visit Toronto in June to try and ascertain the best place to perhaps go with regards to employment, cost etc. If anyone has any advise, this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Claire
Old Dec 28th 2022, 3:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member

Originally Posted by Icicle2022
Hi all
I am new to this forum and just trying to get my head around things. Moving forward I would like to move to Canada and have tried to research as best I can. I completed the eligibility criteria for expressed entry but did not fit this (perhaps my savings I put was just mine and not the rest of the family). I am hoping to visit Toronto in June to try and ascertain the best place to perhaps go with regards to employment, cost etc. If anyone has any advise, this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Claire
Hi, welcome to BE.

My advice would be to not plan a visit just yet - you may find you need to head for a different province/city to be in with a chance of a visa, so I'd work that out first and then plan your reccie trip once you know where you are likely to end up.

Head to the immigration section for the Canada forum and you'll find great info there, if you post with some details somebody will try and help you work out why you are currently ineligible for EE.

Good luck.
Old Dec 29th 2022, 6:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icicle2022
Hi all
Thanks, Claire
Welcome to BE

We do ask all new members to have a quick read of the site rules, Site Rules | British Expatriate Community (britishexpats.com) and, should you have any site related problems, please contact on of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.
We have an active Canada forum here
Canada - British Expats where people will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Old Dec 29th 2022, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Icicle2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

My advice would be to not plan a visit just yet - you may find you need to head for a different province/city to be in with a chance of a visa, so I'd work that out first and then plan your reccie trip once you know where you are likely to end up.

Head to the immigration section for the Canada forum and you'll find great info there, if you post with some details somebody will try and help you work out why you are currently ineligible for EE.

Good luck.
Thank you so much for the advice :-0