British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   New member (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/new-member-946513/)

Icicle2022 Dec 28th 2022 3:29 pm

Hi all
I am new to this forum and just trying to get my head around things. Moving forward I would like to move to Canada and have tried to research as best I can. I completed the eligibility criteria for expressed entry but did not fit this (perhaps my savings I put was just mine and not the rest of the family). I am hoping to visit Toronto in June to try and ascertain the best place to perhaps go with regards to employment, cost etc. If anyone has any advise, this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Claire

christmasoompa Dec 28th 2022 3:40 pm

Re: New member

Originally Posted by Icicle2022 (Post 13162152)
Hi all
I am new to this forum and just trying to get my head around things. Moving forward I would like to move to Canada and have tried to research as best I can. I completed the eligibility criteria for expressed entry but did not fit this (perhaps my savings I put was just mine and not the rest of the family). I am hoping to visit Toronto in June to try and ascertain the best place to perhaps go with regards to employment, cost etc. If anyone has any advise, this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Claire

Hi, welcome to BE.

My advice would be to not plan a visit just yet - you may find you need to head for a different province/city to be in with a chance of a visa, so I'd work that out first and then plan your reccie trip once you know where you are likely to end up.

Head to the immigration section for the Canada forum and you'll find great info there, if you post with some details somebody will try and help you work out why you are currently ineligible for EE.

Good luck.

mikelincs Dec 29th 2022 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Icicle2022 (Post 13162152)
Hi all
Thanks, Claire

Welcome to BE

We do ask all new members to have a quick read of the site rules, Site Rules | British Expatriate Community (britishexpats.com) and, should you have any site related problems, please contact on of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.
We have an active Canada forum here
Canada - British Expats where people will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Icicle2022 Dec 29th 2022 11:47 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13162156)
Hi, welcome to BE.

My advice would be to not plan a visit just yet - you may find you need to head for a different province/city to be in with a chance of a visa, so I'd work that out first and then plan your reccie trip once you know where you are likely to end up.

Head to the immigration section for the Canada forum and you'll find great info there, if you post with some details somebody will try and help you work out why you are currently ineligible for EE.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the advice :-0