New to blog but old hand in San Diego

New to blog but old hand in San Diego

Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:32 am
Just Joined

irontwin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to blog but old hand in San Diego

Hello everyone,
I live and work in San Diego.
Grew up in Blackpool, went on to Uni, got a bunch of qualifications, (what a great and free education system), only to find the the opportunities for a freshly minted PhD were way better in the USA. Now 23 years on, I can't say I have many regrets.
I'm interested to know if anyone on the site has experience setting up a subsidiary company in the US with HQ in UK.
A good friend has a company growing in the UK (internet focused) he is interested to set up a US operation and I have offered to help him get it going, this will be a small bootstrap effort to start with but the potential for rapid expansion is significant.
I'd be really interested to discuss with anyone who has had to walk this path.
Thanks to whoever put this site together
Irontwin
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:29 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to blog but old hand in San Diego

Originally Posted by irontwin
Hello everyone,
Grew up in Blackpool, went on to Uni, got a bunch of qualifications, (what a great and free education system), only to find the the opportunities for a freshly minted PhD were way better in the USA. Now 23 years on, I can't say I have many regrets.
I'm interested to know if anyone on the site has experience setting up a subsidiary company in the US with HQ in UK.
A good friend has a company growing in the UK (internet focused) he is interested to set up a US operation and I have offered to help him get it going, this will be a small bootstrap effort to start with but the potential for rapid expansion is significant.
Irontwin

Welcome I see you have found the Trailer Park, You may want to consider asking one of the Mods to move your thread out of the Trailer Park and in to USA General as the TP can resemble a DMZ at times.

Bob , MsElui Are the Mods for US General , Englishtart Is the Concierge over that way. Should you wander in to the Immigration Sections then Rete , meauxna , Noorah101 are also Moderators there as well.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 28th 2010 at 8:40 am.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irontwin
Hello everyone,
Irontwin
Hi there and welcome to BE. Thank you for introducing yourself to us.

Ka Ora has already provided you with the relevant links but should you require any further help please give me a shout.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:42 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Iron twin

I see you have been pointed in the direction of the right forums to find the answers to your questions, which just leaves me to say Welcome to BE.

Dread - x
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there Irontwin, Welcome to the forum Sounds like you are an old hand at the 'American way' I'm sure you will be an asset to some of our newer members
Old Aug 29th 2010, 9:45 am
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Irontwin

'Fraid I know nothing about businesses...but just wanted to say hello as I currently work in Blackpool and am planning to move to SoCal, probably LA but looking at San Diego also.
Do you miss Blackpool ever? I must admit I am looking forward to the day when I never have to go back...