my 1st time

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

kenbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my 1st time

Im ken and thinking of moving 2 france or spain after my divorse.
would like to rent short term just to feel my way round.
its going 2 be a major step and feel a little worried.
im 72 but healthy, would be very pleased to hear others who have taken the leap
Old Aug 27th 2016, 11:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my 1st time

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:17 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my 1st time

Originally Posted by kenbo
Im ken and thinking of moving 2 france or spain after my divorse.
would like to rent short term just to feel my way round.
its going 2 be a major step and feel a little worried.
im 72 but healthy, would be very pleased to hear others who have taken the leap
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Take a look in the France forum, particularly the "Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs" thread. Issues such as renting, growing old in France, the healthcare system, etc.... are covered by long-term residents..
What isn't covered is the question of language. To be honest, you'll have difficulties in communicating with the locals if your French isn't adequate. Not everyone speaks English....
Post specific questions in a "New Thread", there are plenty of us around to advise!
(Ditto for the Spain forum!)