Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to the USA as an LPR....yaayyy!!

Moving to the USA as an LPR....yaayyy!!

Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

UKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really nice
Default Moving to the USA as an LPR....yaayyy!!

Hello Everyone ...just a quick intro, new to this site and will be new moving to the USA come Jan 2011. Have been with my darling husband since 2004, married in 2008 and now heading stateside. I am a British Citizen, Hubby from is from the US.
I am currently working as a contractor for the US Army in Afghanistan and have been lucky and blessed to have my Husband who is the the US Army stationed with me at the same base. We are so ready to begin our lives together once our deployments are over with, and enjoy everything that our lifes will bering.
I think this portal is a fantastic idea, and after spending a lot of time reading the questions people have, different situations this place is a great way to get it all out without being judged or feeling uneasy. So for that, I would like to thank you all for being there for each other.

I'm looking forward to reading lots more, getting ideas for my own journey and hopefully being able to assist anyone in need of some help.

Kind regards
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the USA as an LPR....yaayyy!!

Hi there and welcome to BE.

Where in the US are you moving to? We have a large membership living in the US...many move here because they are married to a USC.

I see you have already started to ask questions in the US Immigration Forum...here is the link to the Main US Forum. Basically the Main Forum is to discuss topics relating to the US and The Trailer Park is for general chit chat. As well as Brits we also have quite a few American members for frequent the forums.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Englishtart...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums. Good luck with the move.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

UKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really niceUKUSMILSPOUSE is just really nice

Hello, And thank you for the welcome, my husband PCSed from Germany to AZ, FT Huchuca just after I took up my deployment downrange, so after we finish up downrange we will be heading back to AZ, hopefully for about 6 months and then moving to TEXAS...I think...but it could all change as I have noticed with the military it often does at the drop of a hat.

I'm looking forward to the transition stateside, and am sure I will be just fine, would be great to meet anyone that will be in the AZ around Jan 2011.

Thanks once again
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKUSMILSPOUSE
Hello, And thank you for the welcome, my husband PCSed from Germany to AZ, FT Huchuca just after I took up my deployment downrange, so after we finish up downrange we will be heading back to AZ, hopefully for about 6 months and then moving to TEXAS...I think...but it could all change as I have noticed with the military it often does at the drop of a hat.

I'm looking forward to the transition stateside, and am sure I will be just fine, would be great to meet anyone that will be in the AZ around Jan 2011.

Thanks once again
We do have several members who live in AZ. Why don't you open a thread in the US Meet-Ups Forum? There may be a few people around who can get together in the New Year to say hello.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKUSMILSPOUSE

Thanks once again
Hi there and welcome to BE
We are here in SC, but have done the military move thing for well over 20 yrs! I met my hubby (USAF) in Germany and our first PCS to the US was in 1993. I see that Jersey Girl gave you the link for the US forum, if you need any more help, just ask
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:44 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi UKUSMilspouse

Wow I had to work some at spelling your name !!

Welcome to BE and good luck with all your future plans.

Stay safe in Afghan

Dread - x