Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Lanzarote -

Moving to Lanzarote -

Old Jun 30th 2016, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

DavidAdams16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Lanzarote -

Hi all, my partner and I are in the early stages of planning to move to Lanzarote and are looking for all the info we can get about how people have gone about doing it.
The idea is that we move, and set up our own business.
Please advise
(Elle1971 I tried to PM you but am not allowed. If you can PM me I'd appreciate it)
Old Jun 30th 2016, 6:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Moving to Lanzarote -

Originally Posted by DavidAdams16
..... Elle1971 I tried to PM you but am not allowed. If you can PM me I'd appreciate it. ....
PM's are disabled until you have made three bona fide posts.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:12 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidAdams16
Hi all, my partner and I are in the early stages of planning to move to Lanzarote and are looking for all the info we can get about how people have gone about doing it.
The idea is that we move, and set up our own business.
Please advise
(Elle1971 I tried to PM you but am not allowed. If you can PM me I'd appreciate it)
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
There's a dedicated Spain forum above, where you could post again. There are folk who live in the Canary Islands who can advise.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Dingham84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi myself and my husband are wanting to move to Lanzarote with our daughter and pets when she finishes primary school in two years there's so much to take in my head hurts!lol but for now I will throw myself into learning spanish and hope that out brexit will not complicate things too much x

Last edited by Dingham84; Jul 3rd 2016 at 7:49 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 7:52 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dingham84
Hi myself and my husband are wanting to move to Lanzarote with our daughter and pets when she finishes primary school in two years there's so much to take in my head hurts!lol but for now I will throw myself into learning spanish and hope that out brexit will not complicate things too much x
Ditto, there's a dedicated Spain forum above where you can post! This section is basically for countries which haven't got a forum of their own....
Welcome to the forum, by the way!!
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 8:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dingham84
Hi myself and my husband are wanting to move to Lanzarote with our daughter and pets when she finishes primary school in two years .....
The longer you leave it, the more traumatic the move will be for your daughter, and I would not recommend moving a child after they finish primary school as trying to learn and become fluent in a foreign language while simultaneously trying to get to grips with the more academic subjects of secondary school is a huge challenge, and may cause real problems. ..... The more years that a child has immersed in a foreign language during their primary school years, the more successful they are likely to be during secondary school.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 9:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The longer you leave it, the more traumatic the move will be for your daughter, and I would not recommend moving a child after they finish primary school as trying to learn and become fluent in a foreign language while simultaneously trying to get to grips with the more academic subjects of secondary school is a huge challenge, and may cause real problems. ..... The more years that a child has immersed in a foreign language during their primary school years, the more successful they are likely to be during secondary school.
+1
I missed the age of the child. It's generally advised to put children older than 10-11 into an International School. Not only due to lack of language, but also lack of general culture of the country in question, which Primary-age children pick up more easily. A foreign child thrown in at the deep end in Secondary school anywhere in Europe, without any friends to confide in, risks being an unhappy one....
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 9:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi DavidAdams & Dingham84 .
Welcome to British Expats.

As per dmu's suggestion , yo will probably get more responses in the Spain forum so I shall move the topic there for you.

All the best with your plans.
Old Jul 5th 2016, 3:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Lanzarote -

Not quite sure how but this ended up in Australia's fire and flood warning section
Hopefully now safe in Spain
Old Jul 5th 2016, 7:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Lanzarote -

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not quite sure how but this ended up in Australia's fire and flood warning section
Hopefully now safe in Spain
What happened is that the poster had already started a new thread in Spain but this was moved from the Welcome Inn so it duplicated his post. I moved it back to the WI but think that the mouse wobbled hence the error but of course I could then do nothing about it. Thanks for reacting. Now back in WI.

Rosemary