Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

moving back to uk from us

moving back to uk from us

Old Aug 1st 2010, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

baffled54 is just really nicebaffled54 is just really nicebaffled54 is just really nicebaffled54 is just really nicebaffled54 is just really nicebaffled54 is just really nicebaffled54 is just really nicebaffled54 is just really nice
Default moving back to uk from us

I moved to the us in 1984 and have just been made redundant after working at the same company for 23 years as a cad drafter, partly due to my age(55) and the present job situation in this part of the us we have been thinking of returning to the uk as I had promised my wife we would retire in england, my question to anyone is what are the chances of someone of my age finding employment back in the uk and what could I do to help myself before we did move as I guess it will take quite a while to wind things up here (house, car, pets etc.)
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to uk from us

Welcome to BE

You should check out the moving to UK section to find answers to your questions, but you'll probably find it's similar case of tough spot to job hunt as it is here.

Do you have US citizenship yet? Well worth getting if you've been here for so long
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baffled54
I moved to the us in 1984 and have just been made redundant after working at the same company for 23 years as a cad drafter, partly due to my age(55) and the present job situation in this part of the us we have been thinking of returning to the uk as I had promised my wife we would retire in england, my question to anyone is what are the chances of someone of my age finding employment back in the uk and what could I do to help myself before we did move as I guess it will take quite a while to wind things up here (house, car, pets etc.)
Hi there and welcome to BE.

I think it would be best if you post all questions relating to moving back to the UK in our Moving Back To The UK forum. There are many expats who have or or moving back from the US and they will help answer any questions you may have. You may be particularly interested in the 50 & 60's thread.

We have a team of concierges who as their name suggests, will help you navigate your way around the forums if you need help. You can find their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

All problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator...their names can be found at the bottom right hand side of the every forum's index page.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Good luck.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:40 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baffled54
Hi & welcome best of luck with making the move back if you do

Dewb