Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

motorcyclist settling into Malaysia

motorcyclist settling into Malaysia

Old Feb 6th 2014, 2:28 am
Just Joined

kishmalik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default motorcyclist settling into Malaysia

Hey all -I recently moved here with my partner, who is working for a growing company. At the very least, it looks like we will be here for a couple of years, and if things go well with the company which it looks like they will, we might stay on a lot longer.

I've worked in several parts of the world, most recently Australia, and speak a few languages; I learned some Malay and might pick up Chinese if I find enough compelling reasons to use it. I'll be spending most of my time starting a business in doing home improvements, but I'm also an avid motorcyclist and plan to be riding soon; any suggestions about where to look for used and new motorcycles would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 3:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: motorcyclist settling into Malaysia

Originally Posted by kishmalik
Hey all -I recently moved here with my partner, who is working for a growing company. At the very least, it looks like we will be here for a couple of years, and if things go well with the company which it looks like they will, we might stay on a lot longer.

I've worked in several parts of the world, most recently Australia, and speak a few languages; I learned some Malay and might pick up Chinese if I find enough compelling reasons to use it. I'll be spending most of my time starting a business in doing home improvements, but I'm also an avid motorcyclist and plan to be riding soon; any suggestions about where to look for used and new motorcycles would be greatly appreciated!
Hi there and welcome to BE

Sounds like you're living life well - for info on motorcycles in Malaysia, I would try that forum which I see you've found, so good luck and shout if you need help
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:21 am
Just Joined

hey, thanks, I appreciate it; I looked through the forums but I didn't find any suggestions as to where to purchase a motorcycle. Any ideas? I might start a thread because I know that there are a few other riders on this forum.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kishmalik
hey, thanks, I appreciate it; I looked through the forums but I didn't find any suggestions as to where to purchase a motorcycle. Any ideas? I might start a thread because I know that there are a few other riders on this forum.
I'm sure there must be a few out there - even people who don't ride might be able to offer some advice. There's no problems with starting new threads
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:13 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kishmalik and welcome to the forum

I'm just up the road from you in Penang. Well...quite a long road actually.

I see you've found the dedicated section for Johor and Nusajaya. Yes do start up a new topic either in the main Malaysia section or the Johor section. I'm sure we must have some bikers in the Malaysia section.

Is your partner working in Johor or doing the dreaded commute in to Singapore?
Old Feb 7th 2014, 7:46 am
Just Joined

thanks; fortunately, she's working in Johor, so we don't have to face that commute. Border crossings in any country are messy and time-consuming, at least in my experience.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:21 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

That's fortunate. Ok.....see you over in the Malaysia section