Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking to move from the UK to ???

Looking to move from the UK to ???

Old May 15th 2011, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

LostTheMarbles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move from the UK to ???

Hello,

I've been digging through the mountains of valuable information in these forums for the last few weeks and I've finally given in and signed up for an account of my own.

I've always liked the idea of living abroad and now I don't know if it's an early mid life crisis or just my spirit of adventure finally breaking free of the chains often referred to as a "career" but I've started seriously looking at packing up my life and moving abroad.

I'm currently living just outside London and for the last 2.5 years since leaving University I've been working as a Software Engineer which should hopefully make things that little bit easier.

I'm still not fully decided where I want to go but my current favorites are Canada and Australia but I've not gotten any further than that.
Old May 15th 2011, 10:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move from the UK to ???

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I suggest you take a look down the list of countries in the Living and Moving Abroad forum and take a read through the threads in some of the forums. Here are the links to the Australia and Canada forums. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...there's loads of information in there.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator...their names are located at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold font.

Before you post please read any 'sticky' threads or announcements that are posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old May 16th 2011, 5:08 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderadors for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Hope you enjoy your research into the different countries that you could move to. Sort yourself a list of things to look for in each country so that it will help the process. For example, I could not see myself enjoying living anywhere that did not have loads of greenery, I wanted to be amongst people and not in the countryside, wanted a small town not a city etc, etc. This definitely narrowed our search down and helped us to rule places out so made the sellection of your home easier.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old May 17th 2011, 6:08 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lost the marbles

Welcome to BE.
Nothing wrong with packing up and changing your life for a spirit of adventure - how exciting.

I would definitely recommend you check in to the forums Jerseygirl ahs linked you to. They are full of first hand info from those who have already made the move, you never know it may help you make up your mind where you fancy going to.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Dread - x