Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

serious advice needed

serious advice needed

Old May 17th 2011, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

millie57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default serious advice needed

hey guys im hoping someone can give me some info i am from the uk , married a south african in SA ,living in south africa for 4 yrs..i am still on a spousal visa, we adopted 3 black kids, now the marrige is going pear shaped, he is having an affair , i dont know what rights ive got.. and no one to turn to please help me

Last edited by millie57; May 17th 2011 at 5:38 pm.
Old May 17th 2011, 5:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: serious advice needed

Welcome to BE!

Sorry to hear about your woes, but I've no ideas, but perhaps you might get more luck posting in the African forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84

This spot is just a place to introduce yourself
Old May 17th 2011, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by millie57
hey guys im hoping someone can give me some info i am from the uk , married a south african in SA ,living in south africa for 4 yrs..i am still on a spousal visa, we adopted 3 black kids, now the marrige is going pear shaped, he is having an affair , i dont know what rights ive got.. and no one to turn tolease help me
Hello Millie...welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to read about your current situation. I think we have a couple of forums that may be useful to you. Firstly there is our Africa forum...the people who post in there may be able to answer your questions about your visa and legal obligations for your children. If you wish to know anything about moving back to the UK...I recommend you post in our Moving Back To The UK Forum. We have a great crowd of very helpful members who post in those forums...so if you repost your questions in there I'm sure you get some helpful replies.

It's also worth taking time to look in the BE Wiki.

We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides if you need help navigating your way through the many BE forums. You can find a list of our concierge's at the bottom right hand side of this forum's index page.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator...you can find the mod's name at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold print and concierges' names are in standard print.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Good luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 17th 2011 at 5:47 pm.
Old May 17th 2011, 6:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE from Spain. I know that I am not much use to you for information but just wanted to say that I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, my heart goes out to you. Jerseygirl has provided you with some excellent links where I am sure you will either gain the information that you need or at least be pointed in the right direction to find it. Obviously the method of dealing with things such as this is different in every country and you want to do the right thing in the right order. I wish you well.

Rosemary