Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking to head to Oz

Looking to head to Oz

Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:01 am
Just Joined

pacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nice
Default Looking to head to Oz

Hello folks. Looking for any helpful advice.
Paul and Laura here. I'm 42, with 20 years experience as a heavy equipment mechanic. My wife is 46 and a lawyer. We are looking to head out to Western Australia, hopefully around Perth due to my wife's family being there. We have started the process which has been very complicated and so far we have have achieved the following: TRA accepted as heavy diesel mechanic, 176 visa submitted online with over 40 supporting documents, now just waiting for the go ahead from DIAC. In the meantime, we are hoping to head out in Jan/Feb 2011 to really get a feel of the place, but it still looks like it could be 2 years before our 176 visa is granted. We are really hoping during our visit that we will be able to find a company to sponsor me for a 457visa, and i'll take the opportunity to do a couple of courses there too. Any advice would be great.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 10:32 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to head to Oz

Originally Posted by pacman2010
Paul and Laura here. I'm 42, with 20 years experience as a heavy equipment mechanic. My wife is 46 and a lawyer. We are looking to head out to Western Australia, hopefully around Perth due to my wife's family being there. We have started the process which has been very complicated and so far we have have achieved the following: TRA accepted as heavy diesel mechanic, 176 visa submitted online with over 40 supporting documents, now just waiting for the go ahead from DIAC. In the meantime, we are hoping to head out in Jan/Feb 2011 to really get a feel of the place, but it still looks like it could be 2 years before our 176 visa is granted. We are really hoping during our visit that we will be able to find a company to sponsor me for a 457visa, and i'll take the opportunity to do a couple of courses there too. Any advice would be great.
Welcome to the forum, We have an Excellent Australia Section where you will find loads of advice and tip from Members that have already made the jump.

cresta57 , moneypenny20 , sonlymewalter , Centurion are the Moderators over there, And alistairboyle is the Concierge should you get any issues give one of them a shout.

Also don't forget the Australia WIKI

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Oct 25th 2010 at 10:39 am.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacman2010
Hi there and welcome to BE.

We have a number of members living in the Perth area....I'm sure they will be able to help you out if you have any questions about the area. You may even get to meet up with a few once you move.

Please could you repost your questions about the Australia Immigration Forum? The regular member who post in that forum have immigration experience and they will help walk you through the process. The general Aus. forum is to discuss topics about Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact one of the Australia moderators. Should you have problems finding your way around the forums a concierge will help you out. Ka Ora's already provided you will the links for the mods and concierge for the Australia forums.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

jules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nicejules777 is just really nice

hi
Its well worth the hassle to go to perth, my family absolutely loved it there we went on a fellowship for 7 months, try living around subiaco, cottesloe, freemantle for a great feel for the place! We went to mindarie to stay when we first arrived but it was miles away! the beaches are fantastic and the people are lovely, burns beach and all around that area is great but far out also. If you go on long trips be sure to fill up with gas before you go the roads are very long!!!! Visit monkey mia! and get lovely food at the boatshed near cottesloe its a supermarket not a restaurant. Enjoy but be carefull if its jan/feb its going to be hot hot hot! and they sell pink christmas trees!!!!(not in the boatshed though)
jules
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:07 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul and Laura

Welcome to BE from me too and good luck with your move.

Dread - x
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

pacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nicepacman2010 is just really nice

Hi folks thanks for the replies. Paul and Laura