Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

living in france

living in france

Old May 28th 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

wadsworth is just really nicewadsworth is just really nicewadsworth is just really nicewadsworth is just really nicewadsworth is just really nicewadsworth is just really nicewadsworth is just really nicewadsworth is just really nice
Default living in france

hi
i moved to france 10 months ago, and i find it very difficult with the laguage and making friends. so im on here hoping to meet like minded people, get any tips on improving my french and perhaps from new friendships.
josephine
Old May 28th 2010, 1:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living in france

Originally Posted by wadsworth
hi
i moved to france 10 months ago, and i find it very difficult with the laguage and making friends. so im on here hoping to meet like minded people, get any tips on improving my french and perhaps from new friendships.
josephine
Hi Josephine...I'd like to welcome to BE.

I was just about to direct you to our France Forums but I see you've beat me to it.

We have a quite a number of British expats who post in the French Forums...so hopefully you will make several friends.

Mitzyboy is the moderator for those forums...but if you have any problems navigating your way around please ask any mod or admin...there is usually someone around 24/7.
Old May 28th 2010, 1:47 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default Re: living in france

Originally Posted by wadsworth
hi
josephine
Hi, Welcome to France, from another 'newbie' on this site.

I've lived in France for quite a few years, and have heard that the best way to learn the language is to go to a school with classes. I didn't and have regretted it ever since. I had one-to-one lessons, but classes lets you to learn form each others mistakes and allows you to meet other people in exactly the same position as you. I find that every time I think I've got an 'ear in' to the language, there is a whole new level of irregularities. You just have to persist.

Bon courage!