Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Living in New Zealand

Living in New Zealand

Old May 29th 2010, 8:12 am
Just Joined

blueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really nice
Default Living in New Zealand

Hi there,
Hope I am writing this intro in the right bit! its my first time
I moved to NZ in Sept 08 from the UK with my husband who is a kiwi and our 4 children. I work as a Real Estate agent on the Kapiti coast and juggle that with running a 12 acre lifestyle farm, lots of animals. I love it here and have never looked back. The only twinges I get are remembering family and friends who are so far away!
Was expecting the weather to be more like Aus though when in fact its more like the UK!
Old May 29th 2010, 6:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in New Zealand

Originally Posted by blueholly
Was expecting the weather to be more like Aus though when in fact its more like the UK!
Alternatively, you could think of it as being a lot like Oregon, USA.

Hi, from Oregon (mmm, rain) and welcome to BE!

hahaha.. just went to get you the link to the NZ forum. The description reads:

New Zealand
With a climate similar to the UK, New Zealand is a popular destination for British expats. Discuss living in New Zealand here.

should have checked here first!
Old May 29th 2010, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

blueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really niceblueholly is just really nice

How funny Thanks for your reply, so Oregon is wet too. I did a bit of travelling some years ago and regularly visited the States but usually Miami, Orlando and LA which of course were hot and sunny. The other thing is that the house we bought has no insulation, double glazing or heating ( pretty typical of the homes out here!) which is very harsh.
Great to talk to you, I will try to get onto the NZ link!
Old May 29th 2010, 8:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, just yesterday my next door neighbor was raving on about how much he enjoyed traveling in NZ and how like Oregon it is; a lot of people tell me that.. and now I have friends there so I *must* visit, don't you agree????
Always looking for a reason to go somewhere beautiful.

You should be able to click on the New Zealand text in my last post and get where you want to go. If you've got any trouble navigating, just give a shout in here or look for someone with 'moderator' under their name.

PS: staying cool may make you live longer. Or maybe it just feels that way...
Old May 29th 2010, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Yes definitely you should visit NZ, it is stunningly beautiful. Found the NZ link and have added some comments so thanks for that
Old May 30th 2010, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blueholly
Hi there,
Hope I am writing this intro in the right bit! its my first time
I moved to NZ in Sept 08 from the UK with my husband who is a kiwi and our 4 children. I work as a Real Estate agent on the Kapiti coast and juggle that with running a 12 acre lifestyle farm, lots of animals. I love it here and have never looked back. The only twinges I get are remembering family and friends who are so far away!
Just wanted to say a quick hello and welcome you to BE.

If you need help with anything please give a mod or admin a shout...we will be pleased to help you.
Old May 30th 2010, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome Jerseygirl