Reload this Page >

Knock, knock! Can I come in?

Knock, knock! Can I come in?

Old Nov 7th 2015, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

ElinorD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Knock, knock! Can I come in?

Hi all,
I don't know if I'll be accepted on this forum since I'm not exactly a British expat...Actually I'm French, I live in France and I'm a certified English teacher in high school. I'm totally into English language , and British and American civilisations. I registered because I long to discuss with British people, and I thought a French member could be helpful for people who decided to move to France. My username is a reference to one of Jane Austen's characters that I particularly like, Elinor Dashwood.

Looking forward to chatting with you

Last edited by ElinorD; Nov 7th 2015 at 6:57 pm. Reason: mispelling of a word
Old Nov 7th 2015, 7:00 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knock, knock! Can I come in?

Hi, I am in America, but I think you will be welcome particularly in the French sections of the forum. I know I appreciate the input of the locals in the US sections.
Old Nov 7th 2015, 10:46 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the forum

Yes you are very welcome here. There's not really any exclusions here, just as long as you understand the British sense of humour

If you haven't found the French section on the forum yet, go take a look. If you have any problems with the site, technical or otherwise, just shout and someone will help you out.
Old Nov 8th 2015, 7:02 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElinorD
Hi all,
I don't know if I'll be accepted on this forum since I'm not exactly a British expat...Actually I'm French, I live in France and I'm a certified English teacher in high school. I'm totally into English language , and British and American civilisations. I registered because I long to discuss with British people, and I thought a French member could be helpful for people who decided to move to France. My username is a reference to one of Jane Austen's characters that I particularly like, Elinor Dashwood.

Looking forward to chatting with you
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Do come on the France forum! You can add useful info to the recently created FAQs, and join in the discussions in the main section underneath.
Whereabouts are you? I'm in the Hérault myself, but members are dotted all over France. A+
Old Nov 8th 2015, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your warm welcome I live in the east suburbs of Paris, and I'd be delighted to make my contribution to the France forum!

à très vite

Last edited by ElinorD; Nov 8th 2015 at 10:11 am.
Old Nov 8th 2015, 10:19 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElinorD
à très vite
Be careful not to write too much French! One of the BE rules is, write in English except for special language questions!
Old Nov 8th 2015, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Oops, my mistake...
I'll be more careful next time