British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Knock, knock! Can I come in? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/knock-knock-can-i-come-867670/)

ElinorD Nov 7th 2015 6:54 pm

Knock, knock! Can I come in?

Hi all,
I don't know if I'll be accepted on this forum since I'm not exactly a British expat...Actually I'm French, I live in France and I'm a certified English teacher in high school. I'm totally into English language :wub:, and British and American civilisations. I registered because I long to discuss with British people, and I thought a French member could be helpful for people who decided to move to France. My username is a reference to one of Jane Austen's characters that I particularly like, Elinor Dashwood.

Looking forward to chatting with you :D

kimilseung Nov 7th 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Knock, knock! Can I come in?

Hi, I am in America, but I think you will be welcome particularly in the French sections of the forum. I know I appreciate the input of the locals in the US sections.

bakedbean Nov 7th 2015 10:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Yes you are very welcome here. There's not really any exclusions here, just as long as you understand the British sense of humour :sneaky:

If you haven't found the French section on the forum yet, go take a look. If you have any problems with the site, technical or otherwise, just shout and someone will help you out.

dmu Nov 8th 2015 7:02 am

Originally Posted by ElinorD (Post 11788626)
Hi all,
I don't know if I'll be accepted on this forum since I'm not exactly a British expat...Actually I'm French, I live in France and I'm a certified English teacher in high school. I'm totally into English language :wub:, and British and American civilisations. I registered because I long to discuss with British people, and I thought a French member could be helpful for people who decided to move to France. My username is a reference to one of Jane Austen's characters that I particularly like, Elinor Dashwood.

Looking forward to chatting with you :D

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Do come on the France forum! You can add useful info to the recently created FAQs, and join in the discussions in the main section underneath.
Whereabouts are you? I'm in the Hérault myself, but members are dotted all over France. A+ :)

ElinorD Nov 8th 2015 10:08 am

Thanks for your warm welcome :) I live in the east suburbs of Paris, and I'd be delighted to make my contribution to the France forum!

à très vite :D

dmu Nov 8th 2015 10:19 am

Originally Posted by ElinorD (Post 11788967)
à très vite :D

Be careful not to write too much French! One of the BE rules is, write in English except for special language questions!;)

ElinorD Nov 8th 2015 11:13 am

Oops, my mistake...:embarrassed_smile:
I'll be more careful next time :)