Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Irish artist living in France in civil parnership

Irish artist living in France in civil parnership

Old Sep 28th 2014, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

ERIC DUHAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish artist living in France in civil parnership

My problem is the following...My partner is a Sri Lankan national, qualified engineer with several years experience in the middle east and holding a masters degree from Reading University in the UK. I am an Irish writer and artist living and working in France. My partner and I are together for over four years and he has his residents permit here in France. As he is an English speaker and has been studying French with some success for a few years now his level leaves him in difficulty with French employers. Also his expertise is in Quantity Surveying which is not a job easily defined in France. He has suggested that he should try to find work with a UK company where his level of French would be less of an obstacle. Can he,
1. Go to the UK to search for employment?
2. If so how long may he stay without a permit?
3. Am I required to also go to the UK?
4. If he finds a job how long does it take to get his papers?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 1:22 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish artist living in France in civil parnership

Hello,and welcome to the forum

I think your best bet is to pose your questions in the Moving Back to the UK section. There is a visa and immigration section within that part of the forum and maybe you might find some answers there. All the best with that.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

ERIC DUHAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Irish artist living in France in civil parnership

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hello,and welcome to the forum

I think your best bet is to pose your questions in the Moving Back to the UK section. There is a visa and immigration section within that part of the forum and maybe you might find some answers there. All the best with that.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH bb