Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking to move to Caribbean, T&C. All advice (esp.re legal employment) very welcome!

Looking to move to Caribbean, T&C. All advice (esp.re legal employment) very welcome!

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

LottieR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move to Caribbean, T&C. All advice (esp.re legal employment) very welcome!

Hi all,

We are a 40 y/o professional couple who, having lived in London for a long time, are hankering after a (much!) quieter island life for a few years (or more?!) and are very keen on the Caribbean.

Turks and Caicos is very appealing because of the potential work prospects, the economic growth, and the relaxed pace of life. we have both visited as well as having friends that both live and have lived there so we are under no illusions about how different it is from the UK and especially London, and that is what makes it so appealing!

I have freelance consultancy work lined up which I would do ad hoc as our intention is to start a family (eeek!). So our move would primarily be based around my partners job, he is a solicitor. This is another reason why T&C is attractive, because his UK legal qualifications would be valid. At least this is as we understand?

We are at the very early stages of putting feelers out, its daunting yet very exciting! I would be very grateful if anyone has any recommendations to help navigate the recruitment/employment process within the legal sector? who best to speak to? realistic job prospects in this sector? Any favoured practice areas?

We are ideally looking to relocate by May 2015 latest. Is there anything else we should be thinking about at this stage?

Many thanks in advance, heres hoping for the sunshine soon.....
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:48 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to Caribbean, T&C. All advice (esp.re legal employment) very welc

Hi Lottie and welcome to the forum

It sounds like you have done a fair amount of homework already. Good for you. Sounds like an exciting opportunity. Hope it comes to fruition.

May I suggest you re-post in the Caribbean section of the forum. You can find it from the main index page ....page down to Rest of World and you should see it. If you get stuck, just shout and someone will help,you out.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Looking to move to Caribbean, T&C. All advice (esp.re legal employment) very welc

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Lottie and welcome to the forum

It sounds like you have done a fair amount of homework already. Good for you. Sounds like an exciting opportunity. Hope it comes to fruition.

May I suggest you re-post in the Caribbean section of the forum. You can find it from the main index page ....page down to Rest of World and you should see it. If you get stuck, just shout and someone will help,you out.

Thank you, I will post there too.

I feel like we have done the emotional and mental homework, and we are fully prepared in these areas. Its just the rather important practical side of things where I feel we are lacking!
Old Sep 27th 2014, 7:43 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 29th 2014, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Looking to move to Caribbean, T&C. All advice (esp.re legal employment) very welc

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you! good pointers. much appreciated!