Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Investigating opportunity to move to Maryland

Investigating opportunity to move to Maryland

Old Mar 1st 2014, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Investigating opportunity to move to Maryland

Hi All,
I have been made an offer by the US side of my company that i am keen to take up. The offer is to move my role across the other side of the pond, i presume under an L'something or other visa(needs info).

The work will be based in Annapolis in MD which is a beautiful part of the country and me and the wifey are really looking forward to this opportunity.

Anyway, this is the introduction i look forward to driving you mad with repeat questions and stories of how i have done things wrong.

Many Thanks
Alex
Old Mar 1st 2014, 10:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investigating opportunity to move to Maryland

Originally Posted by SmallShinyAnt
Hi All,
I have been made an offer by the US side of my company that i am keen to take up. The offer is to move my role across the other side of the pond, i presume under an L'something or other visa(needs info).

The work will be based in Annapolis in MD which is a beautiful part of the country and me and the wifey are really looking forward to this opportunity.

Anyway, this is the introduction i look forward to driving you mad with repeat questions and stories of how i have done things wrong.

Many Thanks
Alex
Hi Alex and welcome to BE - love the user name

If you haven't found it yet, there is a large US section and some very helpful members. You'll find it in the forum index but also if you follow the link - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57
Old Mar 1st 2014, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

SmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond reputeSmallShinyAnt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks sparkles.
Old Mar 1st 2014, 6:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

And yes, the L1 is a great visa to get.

The wiki, up top has a lot of info that's worth a read, covering relocation packages, shipping, healthcare and if necessary, schooling etc.

There's a few folks on BE who are in and around the area and there have been some threads on the past to get an idea on things