Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi from the Land of Smiles

Hi from the Land of Smiles

Old Apr 28th 2020, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

smalljohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi from the Land of Smiles

Hi, I have been planning a moved back to the UK for years. My marriage is finished (or was finished a few years ago), I still co-habit for a number of reasons; access my kids (17 and 14), expense, if I moved out I should be accused of having a girl friend, etc.

A few months ago, my kids surprised me, I had a plan to take the eldest back to the UK last summer, but I was abroad on a a small vessel and incommunicado, so plans were let slide. The surprise was when I got back, the kids told me "Mum said, she wont stop us both going next summer". Since then plans have been proceeding full speed not with standing COVID. I am aware of nearly all I am required to do. I have sufficient finances, a house, am proceeding with school enrolment, kids have UK passports, plus all the other stuff; Council Tax, NHS, kids NI numbers, utilities, etc. But I was thrown a curved ball late December, I was introduced to a much younger lady, the last thing I needed was a love interest. I left for a month in the UK but when I returned, the relationship strengthened.

I shall be searching this forum looking for all relevant information, which could allow me to take or bring her to the UK, short term (tourist), or long term (student, marriage). BTW, still married in the PI, tried the annulment route (waste of time and money), may now consider divorce after arrival in UK. Any suggestions, appropriate search terms, greatly appreciated, especially regarding visas..

Excellent forum, BTW
Old Apr 29th 2020, 2:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from the Land of Smiles

Good morning, John. Welcome to the world of the British Expat.

A lot on your plate and BE has a great forum for you to ask your questions and get advice and feedback from expats living in PI

https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/

Please have a read of the forum rules linked above on the banner.

Good luck with your divorce and the move.