Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

hi guys just joined canada or us ?

hi guys just joined canada or us ?

Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

scotsandy92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi guys just joined canada or us ?

hi guys, im 21 from glasgow in scotland, i currently work as a floor/carpet installer but really need a change in lifestyle. Ive been extremely intrested in working in canada or the us, is this possible. I would be happy to start working in the driving sector can anyone help thanks in advance
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi guys just joined canada or us ?

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Doesn't sound as though the US would be possible from what you've said, unless you have any US family? This Wiki article will outline the visa routes in to the US. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways%3A_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA

Failing that, Canada would be easier, you can also check out the visa routes in the Wiki above.

Once you've figured out which country you are planning on heading to, do join in with th relevant section of the forum, where people will be happy to help you.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

hi there,Thanks so much for your help, i will just stick to canada as i dont have any family in the us and would be more than happy with canada anyway.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotsandy92
hi there,Thanks so much for your help, i will just stick to canada as i dont have any family in the us and would be more than happy with canada anyway.
to BE.

We have several excellent Canada Forums...the people who post in those forums will do their best to answer any questions you have about relocating to Canada. Why don't you pop over there and take a look around?

Please give me or any moderator a shout if you have any site related problems...we will be pleased to help you out.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 2:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

Canada probably might be more achievable with their points system, but don't forget you don't need a visa in the rest of the EU, so certainly something to consider if you just want a change of scenery and many of those countries the language won't be a problem
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Canada probably might be more achievable with their points system
No points system at the mo Bob.

Old Jul 6th 2012, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated