Reload this Page >

Just Joined-USC in TX, Partner is UKC in London

Just Joined-USC in TX, Partner is UKC in London

Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Ielle is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Just Joined-USC in TX, Partner is UKC in London

Hello!

My boyfriend and I have started perusing this site as we plan out our future together, so I figured I would join & introduce myself. I live in Houston, Tx and he lives in London. We are committed to starting a life together; still working out if that makes more sense to do here or in London. We're pre-official engagement so we're starting our research early so we can make informed decisions each step along the way.

The most daunting bit so far is just having to be so far apart as we sort things out; we see each other as often as we can but it's no match for living together. Great to see that so many other couples have weathered these difficulties and overcome trans-Atlantic obstacles to be together. He's an amazing man; who'd have thunk that the most incredible man for me was hiding in Britain all these years!

Anywho, greetings. Look forward to being able to turn to this community for support as we need it along the way.

Regards,

Michelle
Old Jul 5th 2012, 8:42 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Joined-USC in TX, Partner is UKC in London

Hello Michelle and to BE. You sure are at the right place and many members will be happy to share their experiences with you.

Look around the site and you will find the appropriate forum/s to help you both in deciding for the future.

On the top left corner you'll see the Tab "Forum Index" from where you can work your way around. These might be useful http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57 and http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

You are sure to get your queries answered and make new friends along the way. If you need any help, get in touch with one of the forum moderators, names mentioned at the bottom of the forum or buzz me.

And best wishes to you both for your future plans

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2012, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Ielle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just Joined-USC in TX, Partner is UKC in London

Thank you, IndianFriend! We've been reading a lot of threads in the USA Visa and Immigration forum. I hadn't looked yet in the "back to the UK" section so that was a helpful link, as both options are in the cards - settling in the US (him immigrating here) or settling in the UK (me immigrating there).

Thank you again for your warm welcome and good wishes.

Cheers!