Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi from Clive & Val

Hi from Clive & Val

Old Aug 18th 2010, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

expatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really nice
Post Hi from Clive & Val

You are going to love this!
After 17 years of living in the USA on an expired visa! they are kicking us out within 4 months. We have to leave by November. We both lost our jobs and cannot get another so have used most of our savings to live on. We have an internet business worth over $100K but cannot sell it in time so the only thing we can think of is to return to the UK and claim what we can and try and start again we are both 52. We will be lucky to get out of here with $10K
Anybody have any thoughts and any info on what we could get when we get there or any suggestions?
Clive & Val
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Clive & Val

Originally Posted by expatagain2010
After 17 years of living in the USA on an expired visa! they are kicking us out within 4 months. We have to leave by November. We both lost our jobs and cannot get another so have used most of our savings to live on. We have an internet business worth over $100K but cannot sell it in time so the only thing we can think of is to return to the UK and claim what we can and try and start again we are both 52. We will be lucky to get out of here with $10K
Anybody have any thoughts and any info on what we could get when we get there or any suggestions?
Clive & Val
Hi there and welcome to our cyber community of expats.

I'm sorry to hear you're having to move back to the UK. It one thing moving because you want to but quite another when you're forced to go back.

Take a look in our Moving Back To The UK Forum. There's loads of people who post in there who will be able to offer advice and support. Also take a read through the Over 50's and 60's thread and the BE Wiki...there's lots of info in both.

I'm not sure whether you want to ask any questions regarding your position here in the US...if so you could post in US Immigration Forum.

If you find yourself a little lost around the forums we have a team of concierges who will point you in the right direction. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page. All concerns should be addressed to the forum's moderators...their names can be found at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Mods' names are in bold print and concierges' names are in standard print.

Good luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 18th 2010 at 6:12 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

expatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really niceexpatagain2010 is just really nice

Thanks will take a look at those links. We saw a couple of imigration lawers with no luck all they did was to take more money off us. We were served with deportation orders so thats it.
Clive & Val
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Clive & Val
Hi there Clive and Val, welcome to BE.

Sorry to hear you are being made to leave, are you planning on trying to come back here? or is that not allowed because of your illegal status? I wish you both luck with your settling back into the UK, as JG says, take a look at the MMBTTUK forum, you will be able to chat with others that are on their way back there, they have lots of good info on returnees and the benefits etc.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:28 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clive and Val

I see you have been directed to the correct forums to get information to help you, which just leaves me to say Welcome to BE.
I am sorry to hear of your plight, and my heart goes out to you at this time.
I hope our site can offer you lots of support as well as good tips and advice for your return to the UK in order that things go easily and smoothly for you.
Good luck. If you need any help navigating the site please come back to us here and we will assist you.

Dread - x
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Clive and Val

I see you have been directed to the correct forums to get information to help you, which just leaves me to say Welcome to BE.
I am sorry to hear of your plight, and my heart goes out to you at this time.
I hope our site can offer you lots of support as well as good tips and advice for your return to the UK in order that things go easily and smoothly for you.
Good luck. If you need any help navigating the site please come back to us here and we will assist you.

Dread - x
Thanks for all your support I think I will be living on this forum for a while!
Clive
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:37 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your support I think I will be living on this forum for a while!
Clive
Hi Clive

Living on here is no problem at all - enjoy making new cyber friends and getting the help you neeed.
If you end up in the South of England and have any questions, let me know and I will try and answer you.

Dread - x