Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi from Bristol hopefully to Philly in 2013!

Hi from Bristol hopefully to Philly in 2013!

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:33 am
Philly in the hizzy!

PhillyGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from Bristol hopefully to Philly in 2013!

Hi all! I'm new to the forum as I am now in the process of migrating my UK hubs back to Philly, USA!

We submitted our I-130 to the embassy in London in Feb and got the approval to go forward in May. We just filed our DS-230, scheduled the medcial for Aug 30th (after olympics) and have all the paperwork we need except for two things:
1. I-864 (I will post my questions on the correct forum)
and
2. Certified court records for hubs conviction

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and say thanks in advance for any advice/answers you may offer to my posts!

Enjoy the warmth and sunshine this week! It's about time!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Bristol hopefully to Philly in 2013!

Welcome to BE PhillyGirl.

I see you have already found your way into our US forums. The people in the US Marriage Visas forum will do their best to answer any questions you may have about your husband moving to the US.

I hope you enjoy taking part in our cyber community. If you should have any site related problems please give me a shout.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

lumsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi phillygirl, where abouts will you end up, we have been here just under a year and love it. Good luck in sorting everything quickly, keep us posted
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 24th 2012, 9:17 am
Philly in the hizzy!

Thank you for the welcome everyone! It is a pleasure to be here!

We are currently in Bristol UK but looking to relocate back to Philadelphia. We are not sure about being in the city again but perhaps just outside of it. I love West Chester which is where we'll land for a bit but that is a bit too far from the city for my liking. But, it's all up to the universe as we just take the ride that has been our journey.

Again, thank you for the welcome! I really miss home and am looking forward to being a part of it again. Here's to hoping the IO helps us because we've got a couple strikes against us I think. But, I'm staying hopeful. AND, England isn't so terrible ... just the weather most times.

Have a lovely day!
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck with the move back
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:07 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome.

Where abouts in Bristol are you?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:49 pm
Philly in the hizzy!

Nutek, I am in Long Ashton which is about 5-10 minutes from the city centre. It is nice being in the "country" and yet being so close to the city. Very different from Philly center city but nice. Scenery is gorgeous and very green but I must say I prefer the Philly skyline to the pastures so fingers crossed!
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:51 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PhillyGirl
Nutek, I am in Long Ashton which is about 5-10 minutes from the city centre. It is nice being in the "country" and yet being so close to the city. Very different from Philly center city but nice. Scenery is gorgeous and very green but I must say I prefer the Philly skyline to the pastures so fingers crossed!
I know the area (or rather, I knew the area about 15 years ago... probably changed a lot since then )

I have family in Kingswood.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:10 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PhillyGirl
I know it well! I'm from Bristol and we used to go out through Long Ashton to visit my grandparents. We're moving back home at the beginning of August.. for good weather for the balloon fiesta this year