Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hey from Scotland

Hey from Scotland

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

mmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nice
Talking Hey from Scotland

Hey Folks,

Ive been a lurker on this site for a while, now decided the time is right to join into the community and hopefully get a bit of help where needed along the way.

Anyway, my name is Mark im 24 and from glasgow.

Recently i applied for a transfer through my work to the offices in california and it got accepted a few days ago

Now for the hard part to start, after reading through all the similar posts and what not i feel a little slightly more prepared but i am aware that its going to be difficult.

Anyway just thought i would say hi and hopefully some people can help as no doubt i start to freak out.

Hello in advance.

Mark
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey from Scotland

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmac88
Hey Folks,

Ive been a lurker on this site for a while, now decided the time is right to join into the community and hopefully get a bit of help where needed along the way.

Anyway, my name is Mark im 24 and from glasgow.

Recently i applied for a transfer through my work to the offices in california and it got accepted a few days ago

Now for the hard part to start, after reading through all the similar posts and what not i feel a little slightly more prepared but i am aware that its going to be difficult.

Anyway just thought i would say hi and hopefully some people can help as no doubt i start to freak out.

Hello in advance.

Mark
Welcome to BE Mark.

What part of California are you moving to? We have quite a lot of members living in the Golden State...they usually hang out in our US forums. We will do our very best to help you with info and advice on moving Stateside. I look forward to seeing you over in the US Forums.

Should you require help with anything site related...please give me a shout.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

mmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nicemmac88 is just really nice

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome, will slide myself over into the US Forums and have a look around.

I am moving to Westminster, about 30miles outside of LA. Well thats where the proposed move is too, all going well.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome, will slide myself over into the US Forums and have a look around.

I am moving to Westminster, about 30miles outside of LA. Well thats where the proposed move is too, all going well.
We have quite a few members living in the LA area...and a few more who are on their way to moving there. So you'll be in good company.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean Westminster which is just north of Huntington Beach/Newport Beach/Costa Mesa and South West of Anaheim?

Lots of nice places to live to choose from then !
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Do you mean Westminster which is just north of Huntington Beach/Newport Beach/Costa Mesa and South West of Anaheim?

Lots of nice places to live to choose from then !
YES!! This is exactly where i mean. Was just there in june again and decided id had enough of visitng filed for a transfer and BOOM just like that accepted and paperwork started.

Good to see there is alot of members out and heading out this way, will be handy if things start to get difficult.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

YES!! This is exactly where i mean. Was just there in june again and decided id had enough of visitng filed for a transfer and BOOM just like that accepted and paperwork started.

Good to see there is alot of members out and heading out this way, will be handy if things start to get difficult.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes
So your company is sponsoring you for the work visa? Do you know which visa they are going for yet?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

So your company is sponsoring you for the work visa? Do you know which visa they are going for yet?
from the emails and conversations i have been a part of its looking like the L1A visa. ive also asked them after reading this site that if all goes well they will sponsor me for me GC aswel.

Still like working on a contract, of what i should try and negotiate into it and things. its all getting very exciting if im honest, tho still not trying to get my hopes up
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

from the emails and conversations i have been a part of its looking like the L1A visa. ive also asked them after reading this site that if all goes well they will sponsor me for me GC aswel.

Still like working on a contract, of what i should try and negotiate into it and things. its all getting very exciting if im honest, tho still not trying to get my hopes up
If you post in the US forums section (visa and immigration) you will get a lot of advise as to what you should negotiate for in a contract.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

If you post in the US forums section (visa and immigration) you will get a lot of advise as to what you should negotiate for in a contract.
Thanks, will have a go in there and see how i get on
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks, will have a go in there and see how i get on
First take a look in the BE Wiki...there is info in there on what to look for in terms of contract negotiations. Second...use BE's search engine to locate previous threads on the subject...loads of info has already been posted.

Any further questions please post in the Main US forum...not the US Immigration forum.

Edit: Seems I was too late you've already opened a new thread in the US Imm forum. I've moved it into the Main US Forum.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 24th 2012 at 8:27 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
First take a look in the BE Wiki...there is info in there on what to look for in terms of contract negotiations. Second...use BE's search engine to locate previous threads on the subject...loads of info has already been posted.

Any further questions please post in the Main US forum...not the US Immigration forum.
okie i had a look around and saw a few things, then i posted....newbie error in the wrong bit i think. Maybe help me out..sorry
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

okie i had a look around and saw a few things, then i posted....newbie error in the wrong bit i think. Maybe help me out..sorry
No problem...we were all new members once.

Here's the article in the Wiki.

Here is the page to help you search past threads in the US Forums.