Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi all looking for some advice (moving to Spain) .

Hi all looking for some advice (moving to Spain) .

Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Geoghegan87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi all looking for some advice (moving to Spain) .

Hi all.

My name is Leigh and I'm from Cambridgeshire in the UK.
I have just signed up, so I hope you are all well.

I've come here, to talk to expats in Spain and for some real good advice really.

I am 28yrs old I have an Italian wife and a 7 month old boy.
We have been thinking of moving to Spain for a year now and I think finally we are going to start making a plan and sorting a relocation out and work.
My wife can obviously speak most Spanish as Italian very similar, and I am willing to learn the lingo very fast.
My profession is maintenance and facilities.
I am qualified in Pest control, Swimming pool operations and carpentry.
My experience is maintenance Management and facilities management.

We own a house with mortgage and will rent our house out in UK so we have some income to begin with.

We want to move to Spain because we love Mediterranean culture.
We enjoy the way of life and their community's.
The same as Italy really, but because my wife is from Italy she would prefer to live in Spain.
My wife is an experienced Hotel Reception Manager with some accounts and admin experience.

We are unsure of an area to live, but we prefer coastal parts or not far from coast.
We are looking to rent, and we have no problem living amongst a Spanish community.

We are extremely hard workers and we haven't decided to move for a quiet easy life.
Just a culture and weather improvement.

Obviously we plan to have more children and my son will attend school when old enough, but this is not a problem as he will be fluent in Spanish/Italian and English by the age of 5 at least.

Thank you for your time in reading, and I look forward to all your advice etc.

Many thanks

Leigh Geoghegan
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 9:46 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all looking for some advice (moving to Spain) .

Hello there and welcome to the forum

I see you've found the Spain section already, so shall leave you to it. If you get stuck on anything on the forum, just shout.